John H. Barr, Jr.
Top Rated Intellectual Property Litigation Attorney in Houston, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2004 - 2006
John H. Barr, Jr. is a partner with Meade Neese & Barr LLP and is based in Houston, Texas. A nationally ranked trial attorney with nearly 30 years of experience, Mr. Barr represents clients who are dealing with complex legal issues involving commercial litigation, intellectual property disputes, business torts and other serious matters.
A veteran of dozens of trials and appeals, including more than 50 patent suits, Mr. Barr has achieved notable success for his clients in patent trials in the Western and Eastern Districts of Texas, and has handled a wide range of cases in state and federal courts throughout the United States. Along with a successful trial and appellate practice, Mr. Barr has achieved favorable settlements for his clients outside of court.
At all times, Mr. Barr strives to resolve his clients' matters in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible, and he has gained a reputation for his in-depth knowledge of the law, his outstanding legal abilities, and his impeccable ethical standards and professionalism. Among his honors, Mr. Barr has been recognized as a Leading Lawyer in Intellectual Property from Chambers USA since 2010, and he holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell.
In addition, IAM Patent Litigation 250 voted Mr. Barr one of the World's Leading Patent Practitioners in 2013, and Patent 1000 has named him among the World's Leading Patent Professionals for Intellectual Asset Management each year since 2011. Moreover, Mr. Barr has received a top ranking from Legal 500 for Energy Litigation as well as recognition from IP Stars and the Houston Business Journal as among the top IP litigators in his area.
A 1989 honors graduate of the University of the South, Mr. Barr obtained his Juris Doctor from Texas Tech University School of Law in 1992. He is admitted to practice before all Texas State Courts and in all United States District Courts in Texas. He also holds admission to practice before the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 4th, 5th and Federal Circuits as well as before appellate courts in Texas and in Pennsylvania.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Barr is a member of the Houston Intellectual Property Law Association, and he serves as master of the bench with the Nancy F. Atlas Intellectual Property Inn of Court.
AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About John H. Barr, Jr.
First Admitted: 1992, Texas
- Sewanee: The University of the South, with honors, B.A.
- Rising Star, Texas Super Lawyers, 2004-2006
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® Preeminent™ Rating
- 20 Top IP Litigators in Houston, Houston Business Journal, 2011
- Patent 1000: The World's Leading Patent Professionals, Intellectual Asset Management, 2011–Present
- The Word's Leading Patent Practitioners, IAM Patent Litigation 250, 2013
- Energy: Litigation, Legal 500, 2013
- Leading Lawyer in Intellectual Property, Chambers USA, 2010-Present
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Last Updated: 5/15/2022