Top rated Civil Litigation attorney in Houston, TexasAhmad, Zavitsanos & Mensing or AZA
Jordan Warshauer focuses on commercial litigation. She has experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in cases involving trade secret misappropriation and trademark infringement, employment and civil rights issues, including Fair Labor Standards Act collective actions, breach of contract, and other complex disputes. Her clients include individuals, multinational chemical companies, publicly traded companies in the energy sector, and medical practices and practitioners.
Ms. Warshauer has had an active role in multiple jury and bench trials in state and federal court, including opening and closing statements, direct examination of experts, and cross examination of key witnesses.
Ms. Warshauer has experience in all pretrial stages of litigation, such as obtaining restraining orders and injunctions, drafting and arguing dispositive and non-dispositive motions at in-person and remote hearings, taking depositions of fact and expert witnesses, and working with computer forensic experts.
Her pro bono work has included representing a prisoner in a Section 1983 civil rights suit and volunteering for the Houston Bar Association Legal Line.
She graduated with honors from The University of Texas School of Law, and she served as a law clerk for Judge David Hittner, a judge on the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Ms. Warshauer refined her legal research and writing skills by drafting orders on civil and criminal motions and assisting Judge Hittner during numerous jury trials.
During law school she served as development and staff editor of The Review of Litigation, and she interned in New Orleans for Judge Lance Africk, a judge on the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana. She graduated with distinction from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
IN THE NEWS
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D. with honors, May 2014
- Development and Staff Editor – The Review of Litigation
- William O. Huie Endowed Presidential Scholarship in Law
- National Ethics Trial Competition
- Novice Intramural Mock Trial Tournament
- Assault and Flattery Law School Theatre Group, Director
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., with distinction, May 2011
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES & MEMBERSHIPS
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
- Houston Urban Debate League Young Professionals Council
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Association of Women Attorneys
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Southern District of Texas Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- How to Succeed As An Associate, Houston Young Lawyers Association, Houston, October 2017
Practice areasCivil Litigation: Defense, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Employment Litigation: Defense, Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2014, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.azalaw.com/our-attorneys/jordan-warshauer/
- *The University of Texas School of Law, J.D. with honors, May 2014; Development and Staff Editor – The Review of Litigation; William O. Huie Endowed Presidential Scholarship in Law; National Ethics Trial Competition; Novice Intramural Mock Trial Tournamen;t Assault and Flattery Law School Theatre Group, Director *University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., with distinction, May 2011
- Houston Urban Debate League Young Professionals Council, Houston Bar Association, Houston Association of Women Attorneys, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Rising Stars: 2023 - 2024