Joseph R. Alexander, Jr.
Top Rated General Litigation Attorney in Houston, TX
Attorney Joseph R. Alexander, Jr., is the founder and owner of The Alexander Firm, PLLC, in Houston, Texas. A top-rated, award-winning trial attorney with more than 36 years of legal experience, Mr. Alexander represents the rights and interests of a diverse range of clients throughout the greater Houston metro area and all across the state who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Aviation accidents and litigation
- Oil and gas litigation
- Products liability
- Personal injury and wrongful death
- Medical and professional malpractice
- Consumer litigation
- Commercial and business litigation
Over the course of his career, Mr. Alexander has achieved considerable success handling a variety of civil litigation matters in state and federal courts across his region. Among his most notable achievements, he obtained a substantial settlement for the family of a young man electrocuted while on the job. After receiving the settlement, Mr. Alexander and the young man's father testified before an OSHA subcommittee and were able to spur the enactment of a new law designed to prevent such tragedies from occurring in the future.
Additionally, Mr. Alexander has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for other plaintiff clients dealing with serious wrongful death and products liability claims, and he has become a recognized authority in professional malpractice cases. He also has extensive experience with environmental impacts of questionable oil and gas industry practices as well as with prosecuting numerous royalty owners claims for underpayment.
In recognition for his impeccable professionalism and outstanding legal abilities, Mr. Alexander has earned an AV Preeminent peer-review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America. Moreover, he was selected for inclusion into the Top 100 list and received a Lifetime Achievement award from America's Top 100 Attorneys.
A 1979 summa cum laude graduate of the University of Central Florida, Mr. Alexander obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude from Baylor Law School in 1983 and served on the Baylor Law Review's Editorial Board. As an associate with the American Board of Trial Advocates, Mr. Alexander is also an active fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and the State Bar of Texas, among his other professional affiliations. In addition, The Alexander Firm is ranked by U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs for both 2019 and 2020.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 30%General Litigation
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Business Litigation
- 20%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Litigation, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Trade Secret, Medical Malpractice, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2022
About Joseph R. Alexander, Jr.
First Admitted: 1983, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.alexanderfirmpllc.com/joseph-r-alexander-jr/
- State Bar of Texas
- Fellow in the American Board of Trial Lawyers
Pro bono/Community Service
- KAIROS prison ministry program
- Rory Moore v. United Crane
- University of Central Florida, BA, summa cum laude, 1979
- Licensed in Tennessee, 2005
- Elected to the American College of Trial Lawyers in March, 2007, Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, American College of Trial Lawyers, 2007
- Texas Super Lawyers, 2005-2019
- AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubble
- September 1999 elected as an Associate of the American Board of Trial Advocates, Associate, American Board of Trial Advocates, American Board of Trial Advocates, 1999
- Personal Injury Litigation, The Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News and World Report, 2015
- Personal Injury Litigation, The Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News and World Report, 2016
- The Best Lawyers in America, The Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News and World Report, 2017
- The Best Lawyers in America, The Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News and World Report, 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America, The Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News and World Report, 2019
- Houstonia Magazine, Top Lawyers , Houstonia Magazine, 2015
- Top Lawyers, Top Lawyers , Houstonia Magazine, 2016
- Top Lawyers, Top Lawyers , Houstonia Magazine, 2017
- Top Lawyers, Top Lawyers , Houstonia Magazine, 2018
- Lifetime Achievement - America's Top 100 Attorneys: Southern Texas, Lifetime Achievement - America's Top 100 Attorneys, America's Top 100 Attorneys, 2016
- Top 10% of America's Most Honored Professionals, America's Most Honored Professionals, America's Most Honored Professionals, 2015
Last Updated: 5/15/2022