Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Houston, TexasLaw Done Right - Schreiber | Knockaert, PLLC
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Business Litigation; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2002
Education: The University of Texas School of Law
Law Done Right - Schreiber | Knockaert, PLLC701 North Post Oak Rd.
Houston, TX 77024 Visit website
As one of the founders of the Schreiber | Knockaert, PLLC, Joseph M. Schreiber represents individuals and small businesses against large businesses and the government. We give voice and power to the powerless. We fight nonstop for the rights of individuals who have been injured. Specifically, Schreiber handles personal injury and wrongful death cases on behalf of injured persons or their survivors. He handles employment matters on behalf of of employees and executives, including failure to pay overtime, discrimination and wrongful termination cases, and represents executives and professionals in negotiating employment contracts, severance agreements, and noncompetition agreements. The firm handles business litigation on both the plaintiff and defendant sides. Schreiber represents
Mr. Schreiber is admitted to practice in Texas state courts, as well as in the U.S. District Courts for the eastern, western, northern and southern districts of Texas.
Before coming to Texas, Mr. Schreiber studied at Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota, where he majored in cultural anthropology and urban studies. After graduating with honors, he worked as a teacher in east Arkansas as part of Teach For America, for two years before going on to earn his law degree from the University of Texas at Austin School of Law, where he also graduated with honors. Schreiber began his legal career at the large firms of Fulbright & Jaworski, LLP and Bracewell, LLP, before going out on his own with Erik Knockaert.
Involved in professional organizations including the Houston Bar Association and Houston Trial Lawyers Assocaition, Mr. Schreiber has spoken about personal injury litigation, ethics and other topics at legal education events and professional conferences. He has also written articles that were published in legal journals and professional publications for the petroleum and chemical industries. In his spare time, he enjoys writing fiction and has published two crime novels.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Business Litigation
Construction Accident, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 60% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40% Business Litigation
First Admitted: 2002, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.lawdoneright.com/About-the-Firm/Joseph-M-Schreibe...
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- Universtity of Texas School of Law, graduated with honors, 2002
- Macalester College, St. Paul, Minnesota, B.A., majors in Anthropology and Urban Studies. Honors: 3.74, Dean's List, Cum laude, 1997
- With Honors, University of Texas School of Law, 2002
- Rated as a Top Lawyer in Houston, in the field of litigation by Houstonia Magazine., Top Lawyers, Litigation, Houstonia magazine, 2015
- HGO Ovation Award, Houston Grand Opera, 2015
- Nehemiah Center in Houston: tutor grade-school children, 2013
- Nehemiah Center - Houston. Provide pro bono legal services to Christian charter middle school and community education center., 2015
- This presentation examined accident investigations and how they fit in to a personal injury litigation, including best practices, and suggestions for safety professionals and executives to improve depositiosn and trial testimony A core portion of the presentation addressed the elements of legal causes of action in product liability litigation and premises liability litigation, and allowed the safety professionals to better understand how their investigation will be used (for and against the company) in the tort suit., Speaker, Accident Invetsigation and Risk Management from a Legal Point of View, ASSE Region III Conference, 2015
- Speaker, Ethical Pitfalls: Where it Can All Go Wrong and What to Avoid (update for 2015), Texas Bar Association, The Woodlands, 2015
- Speaker, Update on Product Liability Law, American Society Of Safety Engineers, 2014
- Speaker, Ethical Pitfalls: Where it Can All Go Wrong and What to Avoid, Houston Bar Association, 2014
- Speaker, Chapter 95: When a Premises Owner is Liable for Injury to Contractor Employees, American Society Of Safety Engineers, 2014
- Speaker, Working with the Chemical Safety Board After a Major Accident, American Society Of Safety Engineers, 2013
- Panelist, Frac-fluid Recipes Threaten to Become Pressure Points in Benzene Litigation, Oil And Gas Journal Roundtable, 2012
- Author, Frac-Fluid Recipes Threaten to Become Pressure Points in Benzene Litigation, Oil & Gas Journal, Oil And Gas, 2012
- Author, Protecting Assets When a Subcontractor Goes Bankrupt, Construction Executive, Risk Management, 2013
- Author, Recoupment and Setoff: Two Defensive Weapons When A Sub Goes Bankrupt, Construction Executive, Managing Your Business, 2013
- Author, Working with the Chemical Safety Board After a Major Accident, Chemical Engineering, 2012
Office location for Joseph Schreiber
701 North Post Oak Rd.
Houston, TX 77024
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2005 - 2015