Joshua W. Mermis
Top rated Construction Litigation attorney in Houston, TexasWest Mermis PLLC
Practice Areas: Construction Litigation
Licensed in Texas since: 2003
Education: The University of Texas School of Law
Joshua W. Mermis is a board certified construction lawyer and founding partner of West Mermis, PLLC. He has broad experience in litigation, construction, energy and business matters. Joshua has extensive trial experience having conducted jury and bench trials, as well as arbitrations involving significant multi-million dollar commercial projects throughout Texas. He represents operators, general contractors, subcontractors, developers, suppliers, product manufacturers, businesses and individuals in a variety of disputes. Joshua is licensed in Texas.
Joshua is board certified in construction law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and has been selected as a Texas Super Lawyer by Thompson Reuters, which is an honor conferred upon only on 5% of the total lawyers in Texas. He has also been named a BestLawyer and selected by his peers for inclusion in H Texas Magazine Top Lawyer and Houstonian Top Lawyer.
Joshua is the past Chair of the Houston Bar Association Construction Law Section.
Products Liability Defense
First Admitted: 2003, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.westmermis.com/joshua-w-mermis/
- Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2017-2020
- Texas Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2010-2011, 2014-2016
- Best Lawyers in America, recognized in the areas of Construction Law and Litigation - Construction, 2018-2021
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2002 University of Kansas, B.A., 1999 London School of Economics, Summer Institute, 1998
- Volunteer at Houston Bar Association Legal Lines, 2020
- Board Certified in Construction Law - Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2020
- Houston Bar Association - Construction Section DRI - Construction Section Texas Association of Defense Counsel State Bar of Texas - Construction Section, 2020
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2011, 2014 - 2016