Juan L. Guerra, Jr.
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Houston, TexasJuan L. Guerra, Jr. & Associates, PLLC
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2004
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Juan L. Guerra Jr. focuses his practice exclusively on criminal defense matters. Based in Houston, he represents people throughout the metropolitan area and across Texas who have been charged by the state or federal government with having committed misdemeanor or felony offenses. Admitted to practice before all Texas state courts since 2004, Mr. Guerra is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
Mr. Guerra has concentrated on criminal defense representation for his entire legal career. The types of cases that he has handled have included drug possession and trafficking, asset forfeitures, driving while impaired by alcohol, money laundering and other types of white collar offenses, manslaughter, domestic violence, theft, murder, and sex crimes. He has been able to obtain positive results for many of his clients, whether through the negotiation of favorable plea agreements prior to trial or through dismissals and acquittals. Mr. Guerra's fellow attorneys have taken note of his successful track record and have awarded him a "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
Born and raised in Texas, Mr. Guerra attended the University of St. Thomas in Houston, where he majored in both business administration and international studies, and graduated in 1999. He then pursued his legal education at the Thurgood Marshall School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 2003. A participant in several professional organizations, his memberships include the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the Houston Bar Association.
Practice areasCriminal Defense
Arrest & Arraignment, Criminal Fraud, Drug & Alcohol Violations, False Accusations, Felony, Murder
- 100% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 2004, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.jlglawoffice.com/
- School Board Member St. Rose of Lima
- Committee Member of Harris County District Attorney’s Transition Team
- Committee Member Waller County Sheriff (in light of Sandra Bland's death)
- Inclusion in the Texas Super Lawyers list (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Committee Member Criminal Justice Mayor Turners Transition Team
- Houston Bar Association
- Supreme Court of Texas
- United States District Court - Western District of Texas
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Hispanic Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Duly admitted and licensed as an Attorney and Counselor at Law to practice in all courts in the state of Texas
- United States District Court - Eastern District of Texas
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Harris County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Mexican/American Bar Association
- United States District Court - Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals - 5th Circuit
- American Bar Association
Office location for Juan L. Guerra, Jr.
4101 Washington Avenue
Houston, TX 77007
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023