Kent M. Hanszen
Top rated real estate attorney in Houston, TexasHanszen Laporte LLP
A co-founder of Hanszen Laporte, Kent M. Hanszen focuses his practice on real estate and business litigation and transactions. Based in Houston, Texas, and with a client base consisting of companies of all sizes throughout the greater metropolitan area, he has a particular emphasis on commercial and residential real estate matters. Mr. Hanszen has been certified as a specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in civil trial law, construction law, and real estate law. He has also received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and an "Excellent" peer review rating through Avvo.
Mr. Hanszen's real estate practice includes the review of debt financing and loan modification documents, boundary agreements, title issues, commercial development, and commercial lease preparation and review. He also handles a variety of real estate disputes, both in the courtroom as well as through alternative dispute resolution methods such as arbitration and mediation. Mr. Hanszen's commercial litigation practice extends to other industries as well, and includes breach of contract actions, bad faith and other insurance coverage matters, and employment issues. He also has a background in cases involving trade secrets misappropriation, noncompete agreement violations, and oil and gas matters.
Admitted to practice before all Texas courts, Mr. Hanszen is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Western, Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit. He received a bachelor of business administration from Texas A&M University in 1988, and he then went on to attend the University of Houston Law Center and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1992. Mr. Hanszen has also been trained in mediation at the A.A. White Dispute Resolution Center, part of his law school alma mater.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasReal estate: consumer, Business/corporate, Business litigation
Mortgage & refinance, Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Contracts, Business organizations, Trade secret, Non-compete agreements
First Admitted: 1992, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.hanszenlaporte.com/Our-Team/Kent-M-Hanszen/
- Wilchester Men's Club
- Houston Scottish Rite
- Arabia Shrine Temple
- Board of Directors, Wilchester West Foundation
- Holland Lodge No. 1 A.F. & A.M.
- Board Member, Epilepsy Foundation Texas
- All Courts of the State of Texas
- U.S. Federal Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Texas Association of Civil Trial and Appellate Specialists
- Texas Land Title Association, Judiciary Committee
- U.S. Federal Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit (Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi)
- Texas Land Title Association, Legislative Committee
- U.S. Federal Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Federal Court for the Western District of Texas
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Board Member, National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals
- AV Preeminent — Martindale–Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- Texas Super Lawyers, Real Estate
- Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Board Certified in Residential Real Estate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- University of Houston Law Center, A.A. White Dispute Resolution Center, Certified Mediator
- Texas A&M University, B.B.A., 1988
Office location for Kent M. Hanszen
14201 Memorial Drive
Houston, TX 77079