Top Rated Intellectual Property Litigation Attorney in Houston, TX
- Free Consultation
- Virtual Appointments
Kevin A. Keeling is the managing attorney of Law Offices of Kevin A. Keeling LLC in Houston, Texas. Mr. Keeling devotes his practice to business, corporate and intellectual property litigation, serving clients throughout the Houston region.
Kevin is a registered patent attorney whose business and intellectual property practice involves both litigation in all areas of intellectual property and commercial issues, as well as transactional matters including matters before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, contract/license negotiation, securing Trademark and other IP rights, and client counseling. During his years in practice, Kevin has achieved many successful outcomes for clients in litigation as well as in transactional matters.
Kevin's broad technical background includes coursework in engineering, physics, life sciences, as well as other disciplines. In addition to his college education, Kevin is a United States Navy Veteran. During his active enlistment in the Navy, he completed rigorous Navy Nuclear Power coursework, finishing all phases in the top 10 percent of his class. His Navy training consisted of concentrated courses on electrical theory, electrical applications, power distribution, nuclear reactor theory and radiation. The culmination of Kevin's Navy training included hands-on training with a live nuclear reactor leading to certification by the Department of Energy.
Following his Navy training and while completing his undergraduate degree, Kevin was stationed on the aircraft carrier USS Harry S Truman (CVN-75). Kevin was pivotal in the equipment installation and testing required to bring this 100,000-ton warship to life, pass sea trials, and prepare for its first major deployment. Kevin and the 20+ nuclear operators whom he supervised and worked with were also responsible for the operation and maintenance of electrical and electro-mechanical systems and subsystems of one of the multimillion-dollar nuclear reactors onboard the Truman. Kevin completed his Navy enlistment in 2000 and was honorably discharged as an Electrician's Mate (Nuclear) First Class (E-6) and is proud to be a USS Truman Plankowner.
Following his six years in the U.S. Navy, Kevin attended Villanova University School of Law where he was the President of the Married Law Students/Law Students with Children Law Society. While attending Villanova, Kevin became a registered patent agent and worked during the school year as a law clerk on intellectual property and litigation matters. Following law school, Kevin has practiced in intellectual property specialty law firms and at some of the largest law firms in the United States, as well as having worked as a senior assistant city attorney for the city of Houston, handling technology contracts and licensing for numerous departments within the city.
Kevin's experience and education have allowed him to represent clients from a variety of industries including: oil and gas, nondestructive testing/inspection, communications, transportation, optics/holography, food processing, medical devices, pharmaceutical, drug delivery systems, and other industries. His technical education, training and experience permit him to represent clients in handling matters involving all aspects of intellectual property law, as well as the other facets of the businesses that his clients face.
Kevin remains active in the Boy Scouts of America, serving as the Scoutmaster of Troop 486 in Pearland, Texas. On a personal note, Kevin enjoys cooking, camping, sailing, riding motorcycles with his wife Lisa, as well as spending time with his family (including Max, the family dog).
Trade Secret, Non-Compete Agreements, Limited Liability Companies, Contracts, Copyrights, Trademarks, Intellectual Property Law
- Rising Stars: 2005 - 2006, 2013
About Kevin Keeling
First Admitted: 2003, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.keelinglegal.com
Other Outstanding Achievements
- EMN1-SW - Electrician's Mate 1st class petty officer - Nuclear - Surface Warfare in the United States Navy, 1995-2000
- Plankowner of the USS Harry S Truman CVN 75 Commissioned on July 25, 1998.
- 1987 - Present, Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- President - Married Law Students/Law Students with Children, Villanova University School of Law, 2002
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2005
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2006
- Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star , Thomson Reuters, 2013
- Rice University, Houston, Texas, 1992
- Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia, B.S. in Mechanical Engineering Technology (Nuclear Emphasis) with cum laude, 1999
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania, Juris Doctor, 2003
- Admitted to practice as an Agent before the United States Patent and Trademark Office., 2002
- Admitted to practice as an Attorney before the United States Patent and Trademark Office., 2004
- Admitted by the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania as an Attorney and Counselor at Law., 2003
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 2005
- Admitted by the Supreme Court of Texas as an Attorney and Counselor at Law., 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2007
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2008
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2008
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2013
- Houston Bar Association, Law Practice Management Section Secretary, 2018 - 2019; Chairperson, 2019 - present
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association, 2007 - Present
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, 2005 - Present
- Project Management Institute, Inc. v. Knapp et al, 2006
- ITT Manufacturing Enterprises, Inc. et al v. International Theatrical Truss, Inc., 2007
- Pure Technologies, Ltd v. The Pressure Pipe Inspection Co, Ltd et al, 2009
- Retractable Technologies, Inc. v. Occupational & Medical Innovations, Ltd., 2010
- KLA-Tencor Corporation v. Xitronix Corporation, 2011
- NuVasive Inc. v. Globus Medical Inc., 2015
- Generon IGS Inc. vs. Gas Technologies LLC, 2017
- Global Nitrogen Svcs LLC vs. TETRA Int'l Inc., 2018
- Indio Products, Inc. v. Uni-Lite Candles, Inc., 2019
- Sly Beauty Cosmetics LLC v. Hollis et al, 2020
Pro bono/Community Service
- US v. Roberts, 2011
- Wyatt v. Fletcher et al., 2014
Last Updated: 5/15/2022