Kevin M. Camp
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Houston, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2015 - 2020
- Free Consultation
Attorney Kevin M. Camp is one of the founding members of Roven Camp, PLLC in Houston, Texas. He is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Mr. Camp devotes his practice to personal injury law and serves clients throughout Houston and the state of Texas. He handles matters involving automobile accidents, construction accidents, industrial accidents, products liability, railroad accidents, toxic exposure, trucking accidents, workplace injury and other catastrophic injuries.
Mr. Camp received his license to practice law in Texas in 2008. He graduated from the University of Houston with bachelor’s degrees in economics and finance and received his law degree from South Texas College of Law Houston.
In 2007, Mr. Camp earned a mediation certificate after completing 40 hours of mediation training, and he attended and graduated from the prestigious Trial Lawyer’s College in 2010. His legal experience includes working for a private law firm representing railroad employees injured due to toxic exposure or other traumas.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Camp has helped numerous Texas residents receive compensation for injuries caused by negligence. As a result of his success, the American Board of Trial Advocates invited him to become a member of their organization in 2018.
Mr. Camp is a member of the Houston Bar Association, the American Association for Justice and the Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys. He is also a former president of the Houston Trial Lawyers Association and serves on the board of directors of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Camp lectures for seminars and continuing legal education events. Between 2008 and 2017, he served as an adjunct professor at South Texas College of Law Houston.
- 80%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2020
Certificates and Credentials
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Personal Injury Trial Law
About Kevin M. Camp
First Admitted: 2008, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://rovencamp.com/attorneys
- Champion of the 2007 T. Gerald Treece Summer Mock Trial Academy Competition, semi-finalist in the 2008 ABA Criminal Trial in Chicago
- Awarded to a member of the TTLA Advocates who embodies in his/her life the qualities of balance, tradition, and professionalism. The member will have demonstrated a deeply held belief in justice, family, and the importance of tradition., Reich Chandler Award, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 2018
- Texas Rising Star by Super Lawyers for four-consecutive years, 2015 – 2018
- Champion in the 2007 National White Collar Crime competition at Georgetown in Washington D.C.
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Texas Mediation Certificate for 40 Hours of Mediation Training – Summer 2007
- Graduate of the Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College – Class of September 2010
- State Bar of Texas, Marital Dissolution Institute, April 2009, “Avoiding Financial Pitfalls,” Co-author
- Adjunct Professor in Mock Trial Litigation, South Texas College of Law from 2008 until 2017
- American Rehabilitation Economic Association (AREA) Conference, Austin, Texas 2018, “Litigating FELA Cases.”
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Car Wrecks CLE, Houston 2018, Judicial Panel (moderator)
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Car Wrecks CLE, Houston 2014, “The 30-Minute Voir Dire.”
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Las Vegas Seminar 2014, “Trial by iPad.”
- Faculty for National Institute for Trial Advocacy – “Deposition Skills” – Houston 2013
- University of Houston, B.S., Major in Economics & Minor in Finance, 2005
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association - Vice President of Finance, 2019
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association - Vice President of Finance, 2020
- Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys
- Houston Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Vice President, 2016
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, CLE Chair, 2013 - 2014
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Secretary Treasurer, 2015
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Executive Committee, 2016
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2016 - Present
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Immediate Past President, 2018
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member, 2018
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, President, 2017
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association President-Elect, 2016
- As of December 31, 2020, Kevin Camp became Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Board Certified attorneys must be licensed for at least five years, devote a required percentage of practice to a specialty area for at least three years, attend continuing education seminars, pass an evaluation by fellow lawyers and judges and pass a 6-hour written examination. Out of more than 100,000 attorneys licensed to practice law in the state, only 7,200 are Board Certified., 2020
- $600,000 verdict in Harris County for employee of Union Pacific Railroad who injured his low back and shoulder in a low-speed train wreck., 2020
- Verdict in Kansas City, KS federal court for Plaintiff with mesothelioma against manufacturer of passenger rail cars., 2018
- $5,240,000 verdict against BNSF Railway Company for a former employee who died from mesothelioma caused by asbestos exposure., 2014
- $412,500 verdict and final judgment in Harris County against Union Pacific Railroad for employee who was injured on the job when the employee struck his head on the edge of a locomotive cab door that was missing the required padding, causing injuries to the employee's cervical spine., 2019
- Seven-figure settlement for employee that was injured on a short line railroad when he was struck by a locomotive, amputating both legs below the knee., 2018
Last Updated: 5/15/2022