Kevin P. Parker
Top Rated Appellate Attorney in Houston, TX
Kevin P. Parker is the head of the Issue & Appeals Section of the Lanier Law Firm. He leads a team of seven lawyers who analyze and brief legal issues both at the trial and appellate court level. This team has handled not only a large number of appeals and original proceedings at the appellate court level, they have also provided critical legal support to the Lanier team at the trial court level. This assistance includes an extensive summary judgment, removal and remand and jury charge practice.
Mr. Parker is an accomplished lawyer, having personally handled more than 20 cases at the appeals court level. He was a key member of the firm’s Pinnacle bellwether trial team that won a $1 billion combined jury verdict and a $502 million jury verdict in 2016.
He is Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Mr. Parker is a member of the Appellate section of the State Bar of Texas, and is licensed to practice in Texas state and federal courts, the United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Tenth Circuits and the U.S. Supreme Court.
About Kevin P. Parker
First Admitted: 1986, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.lanierlawfirm.com/attorney/kevin-p-parker/
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America, Appellate Practice, 2018-2021
- Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2011, 2013-2020
- Mr. Parker served as lead of the Plaintiffs' Law and Motions Team for the Pinnacle Hip Implant Multi-District Litigation from 2012 through 2019. During the last four years, the courts of appeals have issued opinions in the following cases which Mr. Parker argued or served as lead appellate counsel for one of the parties: Whelan v. Armstrong Internaitonal Inc., 455 N.J. Super. 569, 190 A.3rd 1090, (N.J. App. 2019); Pollard v. Remington Arms Co., 896 F. 3d 900 (8th Cir. 2018); GTECH Corporation v. Steele, 549 S.W.3d 768 (2018) Flanagan Lieberman Hoffman & Swaim v. Ohio Public Employees Retirement Sys., 814 F.3d 652 (2nd Cir. 2016)
- In 2016, Parker was a key member of the firm’s Pinnacle bellwether trial team that won a $1 Billion combined jury verdict and a $502 Million jury verdict against DePuy and Johnson & Johnson over defective metal-on-metal hip implants.
- Mr. Parker was named as lead of the Plaintiffs' Law and Motions Team for the Pinnacle Hip Implant Multi-District Litigation, representing numerous plaintiffs across the country.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Kevin Parker and his family are integrally involved in promoting the rights of persons with disabilities in Houston and across the United States, as volunteers for the Family to Family Network. He also is a member of the Christian Legal Society, and serves on the board of elders and as a youth ministry volunteer for Cypress Bible Church.
- Texas Tech University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1982
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1986
- Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1995
- Mr. Parker presented a lecture on recent Texas supreme court case law relating to expert witnesses and legal sufficiency of evidence. The lecture focused on determining when expert testimony was conclusory and how trial lawyers can present expert testimony in a non-conclusory fashion, Lecturer, Legal Sufficiency and Expert Witnesses, Business Disputes Seminar State Bar of Texas, 2019
- Texas Bar Foundation, 2019
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- Bar Association of The Fifth Federal Circuit, Member
- Christian Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Appellate Section of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- American Association Of Justice
- Bar Association Of The Fifth Federal Circuit
- Christian Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022