Kirk G. Smith
Top rated securities litigation attorney in Houston, TexasShepherd Smith Edwards & Kantas, L.L.P.
As the principal at Shepherd Smith Edwards & Kantas LLP, Kirk G. Smith focuses his practice on securities law. Representing individual and institutional investors against banks, brokerage firms and trust companies, Mr. Smith generally handles cases involving issues such as retirement losses, broker and brokerage firm misconduct, investment derivatives, fraud and financial product failures. He serves clients throughout the U.S.
Before earning a Juris Doctor from the South Texas College of Law Houston, Mr. Smith attended Loyola University New Orleans. He graduated from there with a Bachelor of Arts.
Previously working as an investment advisor for a large brokerage firm and handling the marketing for a smaller, specialized firm, Mr. Smith gained valuable knowledge of the investment processes and industry. Drawing on his diverse brokerage background, he helps those who have lost their savings or retirement due to the mishandling of their brokerage accounts to understand their rights and options. Mr. Smith offers personalized counsel and dedicated advocacy, working to hold financial institutions accountable for negligence or acts of wrongdoing. Undeterred by the challenge of going up against large firms or financial institutions, Mr. Smith stands by his clients throughout the legal process, helping them recover just compensation for their losses.
Beyond his work in the courtroom, Mr. Smith regularly shares his knowledge on the topic of securities arbitration as a guest speaker for various professional organizations. He has authored a number of articles and frequently provides quotes to news and media outlets regarding cases pertaining to his area of focus. Actively involved in the legal community, Mr. Smith is a member of the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association.
Practice areasSecurities litigation, Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 80% Securities litigation
- 20% Employment litigation: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1999, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.investorlawyers.com/about-us/kirk-g-smith/
- Member, Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Loyola University, Bachelor of Arts degree
Office location for Kirk G. Smith
1010 Lamar St.
Houston, TX 77002
- Rising Stars: 2008 - 2009
Find me online
- Our Skilled Annuity Fraud Lawyers Represent Northstar Financial Services (Bermuda) Investors. Contact Our Securitie… https://t.co/PDoSXqFpb0
- Our GWG Investor Loss Attorneys May Help You Recover Your Losses. Contact Our Securities Attorneys for a Free Consu… https://t.co/zwdJ8P9Wju
- Customers of Emerson Equity Broker Robert Melberth Are Pursuing Over $12M in Damages. Contact Our Security Attorney… https://t.co/SJvcjml2yU