Top rated intellectual property attorney in Houston, TexasMadan Law PLLC
Attorney Leela Madan is the founder and owner of Madan Law PLLC in Houston, Texas. A licensed patent attorney with extensive experience handling matters before the USPTO. Ms. Madan provides invaluable counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Houston metro as well as Dallas and Denver, Colorado, who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Patent applications, trademark applications, trade secret protection and copyright registration.
· Intellectual property transfers, licensing, and enforcement.
· Drafting and negotiating license agreements.
· Dispute resolution, general counsel and defense
· Confidentiality and noncompete agreements.
· Business and employment contracts, commercial agreements, settlement agreements, technology transfer agreements.
· Business formation and planning.
Over the course of her more than 12 years in practice, Ms. Madan has achieved notable success assisting clients in a variety of industries with protecting their ideas, innovations and trade secrets while helping them enforce their intellectual property against infringement and unauthorized use. Her clientele has included a broad range of clients, from small businesses to large corporations.
Recognized for her outstanding professionalism and service, Ms. Madan has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from her peers, and she received Houstonia's Top Lawyer ranking each year from 2016 to 2022. She has also received numerous testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients, including "Superb" client ratings on Avvo as well as the site's Clients' Choice Award.
A leader in her field, Ms. Madan has conducted lectures and seminars across the United States on various topics related to intellectual property law, and she has served as barrister of the Honorable Nancy F. Atlas Intellectual Property American Inn of Court. She is also a member of the advisory board to the Dean of NSCI at St. Edward’s University, and she is a current member of BNI Greenway. Ms. Madan has also taught at South Texas College of Law Houston, teaching the trademark clinic.
A 2005 graduate of St. Edward’s University with degrees in mathematics and chemistry, Ms. Madan obtained her Juris Doctor from the South Texas College of Law in 2009. She is admitted to practice in Texas and before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Practice areasIntellectual property, Business/corporate
Copyrights, Patents, Trademarks, Intellectual property law, Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter s corporations, Contracts, Business organizations
- 70% Intellectual property
- 30% Business/corporate
First Admitted: 2009, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://madan-law.com/about/
- Houstonia Top Lawyer (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022), Houstonia Magazine
- SuperLawyer Rising Star (2018)
- VISTAGE (2016-2017)
- BNI Greenway (2018-present)
- Member of the Advisory Board to the Dean of NSCI at St. Edward’s University
- The Honorable Nancy F. Atlas Intellectual Property American Inn of Court (Barrister, 2018)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2009
- State Bar of Texas, 2009
- B.S., St. Edward’s University, Chemistry & Mathematics, 2005
- IP 101 & Patent Strategies (Station Houston), 2019
- IP 101 – May the 4th Be With You (2016)
- The American Bar Association Annual Meeting (2017 and 2018)
- Intellectual Property for Content Creators and Social Media Influencers (Social Media Breakfast), 2019
- Women in IP Panel (University of Houston), 2019
- TM Searching and Portfolio Management (State Bar of Texas), 2019
Office location for Leela Madan
2808 Caroline Street
Houston, TX 77004
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2022