M. Clay Fostel is a personal injury attorney and founder of The Fostel Law Firm. He represents clients in the State of Texas and South Eastern New Mexico including offices in Houston, Texas and Georgetown, Texas. Mr. Fostel represents clients in all matters of personal injury with a focus on products liability, auto accidents, trucking accidents and mesothelioma. Named in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 from 2018 to present, he was also placed on the ALM VerdictSearch’s top 100 verdicts of 2004 at number 22.
In 1996, Mr. Fostel graduated from Southern Methodist University with a Bachelor of Arts in psychology, and he then earned his Juris Doctor in 1999 from the South Texas College of Law Houston. He is admitted to practice in the state of Texas, and for almost two decades, he has been protecting the rights of the injured and their families. Throughout his career, he has spoken at the conference for The Admiralty Law Symposium and the National Asbestos Litigation Conference.
Mr. Fostel is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the American Bar Association and the State Bar of New Mexico. He has represented many clients injured by exposure to asbestos or oil field explosions and obtained several settlements over seven figures. With a goal of providing personalized service and high-level legal counsel, Mr. Fostel is focused on examining the individual needs of every client.
During his twenty plus years as a personal injury attorney, Mr. Fostel has represented clients who worked at petrochemical plants, and who worked as Navy sailors, mechanics in petrochemical plants and pipefitters. To give back to his community, he regularly volunteers as a coach for girls’ and boys’ basketball, football and baseball teams.
Practice areasPersonal injury - products: plaintiff
- 100% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2001, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://fostel-law.com/about-me/
- Mr. Fostel attended Southern Methodist University and earned his undergraduate degree in Psychology in 1996. He earned his law degree from the South Texas College of Law in Houston in 1999, and has been licensed to practice law in the State of Texas since 2001.
- Kermit High School, 1992
- State Bar of New Mexico 2018
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- New Mexico State Bar, 2017
- Texas State Bar, 2001
- American Bar Association 2018
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association 2018
- State Bar of Texas, Member 2001-2018
- Volunteer coach for girls and boys basketball as well as boys flag football and baseball
- 22nd Largest Verdict in the United States, Top 100 Verdicts, ALM Verdict Search, 2004
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100, 2018
- Strathmore's, 2005
- Speaker at the Perrin National Asbestos Litigation Conference in San Francisco, Speaker, National Asbestos Litigation, 2014
- Speaker on exposure to asbestos at the LSBA 23rd Admiralty Law Symposium, Speaker, Admiralty Law Symposium, 2016
- Represented a man that worked as a mechanic as well as a pipefitter in petrochemical plants. Recovered over $2,400,000, 2016
- Represented a sailor in the Navy that worked maintenance on Naval ships in the late 60s and early 1970s. Recovered $1,600,000 in settlements., 2014
- Represented a pipefitter that worked at several plants on the Gulf Coast that was diagnosed with mesothelioma. Recovered over $3,000,000 in settlements, 2015
- Represented a man that worked at various petrochemical plants that had mesothelioma. Recovered over $2,180,00., 2017
- Represented a client that was exposed to asbestos from his work as a boilermaker. Claim was settled for a gross amount of $2,165,000 from various defendants in 2017, 2018
- 7 figure settlement for mesothelioma victim exposed in Glass Manufacturing Plant, 2020
- Represented an individual with mesothelioma that was exposed to asbestos from his time working as an engineer. Trial started for several days in Baton Rouge, LA and eventually settling for a gross amount of over $2,500,000, 2011
- Client was exposed to asbestos from his work building homes and apartment buildings. Claim resulted in a gross settlement of over $1,900,000, 2012
- Client was exposed to asbestos working in various petrochemical plants. Claim was settled for $2,180,000, 2017
- Represented a former Naval Machinist Mate exposed to asbestos and later developing mesothelioma. Case was settled for over $2,370,000, 2010
- Verdict - $78.5 Million - Microtherm Inc. v. Puget Plastics, 2004
- Represented a victim of mesothelioma for exposure to asbestos containing products in the State of Illinois, resulting in a gross settlement of over $1,800,000, 2013
- Client was exposed to asbestos from his work as a mechanic, as well as a pipefitter. Gross settlement for this claim was over $2,400,000, 2016
- Represented a young man killed in a vehicular crash caused by a driver working for a large Petroleum company resulting in a $1,800,000 settlement, 2008
- Represented a victim of mesothelioma who was exposed to asbestos from his work as a pipefitter resulting is a gross settlement of over $3,075,000, 2015
- Client was exposed to asbestos from his time in the Navy aboard Naval Ships. Case resulted in a gross settlement of over $1,600,000, 2014
- Super Lawyers , 2019
- Top 100 Registry- Attorney of the Year, 2020
- Lawyers of Distinction Personal Injury Law Selection, 2020
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100, 2019
- Won the 22nd largest verdict in the U.S. in 2004, according to VerdictSearch and The National Law Journal.
Office location for M. Clay Fostel
3131 Eastside Street
Houston, TX 77098
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022