Michael C. Childs
Top rated family law attorney in Houston, TexasFullenweider Wilhite, P.C.
Practice Areas: Family law; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1996
Education: South Texas College of Law Houston
Fullenweider Wilhite, P.C.515 Post Oak Blvd
Houston, TX 77027 Visit website
Attorney Michael C. Childs is a partner with the Fullenweider Wilhite law firm, which has office locations in Houston and Austin, Texas. Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in family law and possessing more than 23 years of legal experience, Mr. Childs focuses his practice solely on family law. He represents the rights and interests of clients throughout the state who are going through a divorce or have some other serious legal matter affecting their families.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Childs achieved notable success dealing with highly complex family law matters both inside and outside of the courtroom. Through his practice, he has represented many high-net-worth and high-profile clients, including professional athletes as well as their agents, and he has extensive experience handling complex property division for those with considerable assets to address. Well-versed in all areas of family law, he has also handled highly contested child custody and support issues, along with paternity actions, grandparents' rights, common law marriages and more.
Recognized for his impeccable professionalism and outstanding legal abilities, Mr. Childs has earned numerous accolades from his peers, including consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America* since 2012. He has also received many positive testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1992 graduate of Texas A&M University with a Bachelor of Science in Journalism, Mr. Childs attended South Texas College of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1996. The State Bar of Texas admitted him to practice that same year, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas as well as the U.S. Bankruptcy Court.
Highly active in his legal community, Mr. Childs is a member of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, the American Bar Association and the State Bar of Texas. He also served as Director of Gulf Coast Family Law Specialists and the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists. Additionally, he has conducted numerous lectures and seminars across his region on a variety of family law topics.
*Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasFamily law
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1996, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.fullenweider.com/attorneys/michael-childs/
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, 2001 – Present
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, 1996 – Present
- Member, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2009 – Present
- Director, Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, 2009 - 2010
- Director, Houston Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2006 - 2009
- Texas, 1996
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Houston Bar Association, Family Law Section, 1996 – Present
- Member, American Bar Association
- Director and Member, Gulf Coast Family Law Specialists, 2009-2010, 2001 – Present
- Texas A & M University, B.S.; Major: Journalism; Honors: Legal Assistant, Texas A&M University Office of General Counsel; Law Librarian, Texas A&M University Office of General Counsel
- Worked With the South Texas Disability Clinic, South Texas College of Law
- Named, Rising Star by Texas Monthly Magazine in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009
- Family Law, Texas State Board of Legal Specialization, 2001
- South Texas Family Law General Practice, Representing Diverse Clients, 2004
- Family Law Institute, Employee Benefits, 2012
- Family Law Institute, Qualifying and Disqualifying Experts, 2010
- South Texas College of Law Family Law Conference, Grandparent and Kinship Care Seminar, 2009
- Advanced Family Law Drafting Course, International and Out-of-State Property, 2008
- South Texas College of Law Family Law Conference, Case Management: The Attorney and Paralegal, 2007
- Advanced Family Law Course, Property Tracing Economic Contribution and Retirement, 2006
- Houston Legal Assistants Association, Rules of Evidence, Distinguished Speaker, 1998
- Advanced to Family Law Course, How to Qualify for and Pass the Family Law Board Certification Exam, 2004
- South Texas Family Law General Practice, What You Must Know to Prove Your Property Case, 2003
- Rules of Evidence, 1999
Office location for Michael C. Childs
515 Post Oak Blvd
Houston, TX 77027
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2004, 2006 - 2010