Michael M. Gallagher
Top Rated Products Liability Attorney in Houston, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012 - 2017
Attorney Michael M. Gallagher is a member of the Mass Tort Law and Briefing Group at the Morgan & Morgan law firm, which has offices in all 50 states in the U.S. He represents clients with personal injury matters, medical malpractice claims and product liability cases from the firm’s Houston, Texas, office.
Mr. Gallagher was first admitted to practice in Texas in 2003 and later in Pennsylvania (2012); the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit; the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, Northern and Western Districts of Texas; and the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado. He graduated cum laude from Georgetown University in 2000 with a B.A. in government and earned his law degree in 2003 from the University of Houston Law Center, where he was a dean's scholar and a member of the Order of the Barristers.
While in law school, Mr. Gallagher was the head case notes and comments editor of the Houston Journal of International Law. He was honored with the Maurice Howard Treiman Writing Award, and at the Blakely-Butler Moot Court Competition, he won the Champion and Best Brief award. After graduating, he worked as a law clerk for the Honorable Richard A. Schell at the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. At Morgan & Morgan, he handles the preparation of motions, briefs and appeals for various class actions and complex multidistrict litigations.
Maintaining an active presence in the legal circle, Mr. Gallagher is a member of the Houston Bar Association, the Houston Young Lawyers Association and the Texas Young Lawyers Association. With over 18 years of experience, he has helped his clients obtain verdicts in several personal injury and commercial cases. Adding to his success, he has defended more than 100 dispositions and won against both dispositive and nondispositive motions. Moreover, he has written extensively in law reviews and journals on topics such as ‘Vetoing Class Actions’ and ‘Abolishing the Texas Jury Shuffle.’
For his admirable litigation skills and quality legal services, Mr. Gallagher has been rated “Superb” on Avvo. He has been listed among the 10 Best Attorneys Under 40 in South Texas by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys; named to the Top Lawyers list by the H Texas Magazine and the Houstonia Magazine; and added to the Top 10 Attorneys – Personal Injury list by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys.
- 60%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Defects, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical, Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Medical Malpractice, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2021
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2017
About Michael M. Gallagher
First Admitted: 2003, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/michael-gallagher/
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- B.A., 2000, cum laude, Georgetown University; J.D., 2003, University of Houston Law Center.
- Order of the Barristers, University of Houston Law Center, 2003
- Dean's Scholarship, University of Houston Law Center, 2000
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Richard A. Schell, United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 2003
Last Updated: 6/9/2022