Top rated criminal defense attorney in Houston, TexasNeal Davis Law Firm, PLLC
Attorney Neal A. Davis is the founder and owner of the Neal Davis Law Firm, PLLC, in Houston, Texas. Board certified in criminal law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and possessing more than 20 years of legal experience, Mr. Davis provides invaluable counsel and support to clients across his area who stand accused or are under investigation for serious felony and misdemeanor offenses, including all of the following and more:
· Child sex crimes and child pornography
· Online solicitation of a minor
· DWI and alcohol-related offenses
· Drug crimes
· Shoplifting, theft and other property crimes
· White collar and federal crimes
· Assault and domestic violence
A native of Houston, Mr. Davis has a driving passion for helping those in his community protect their rights and interests and in achieving justice in the face of serious and life-changing criminal accusations. Along with maintaining a successful trial practice in both state and federal courts in his region, he has achieved notable success arguing appeals before the Texas Criminal Court of Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court. He also handles personal injury claims and wrongful death for plaintiff clients on a select basis.
From his efforts, he has secured numerous acquittals, dismissals and reductions of charges for his clients, and he has received numerous awards and honors from his peers. Among his most notable accolades, Mr. Davis holds an AV Preeminent peer-review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell as well as consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America. Moreover, he has received many testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients, and he finds great reward in being able to help so many during what is a very difficult and uncertain time in their lives.
Mr. Davis completed his undergraduate degree in Spanish from the University of Southern California and lived in Mexico during part of his childhood. His fluency in Spanish makes him all the more effective at representing his Latino and Hispanic clientele who may have limited use of English. In 1999, Mr. Davis received his Juris Doctor from the University of Texas at Austin School of Law, and the State Bar of Texas admitted him to practice that same year.
He is an active member of his legal community and a member of the Houston Steering Committee for the University of Texas School of Law. Furthermore, Mr. Davis has conducted lectures and seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics, and he supports his local community through his volunteer work with the Dad's Club of the St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Appellate
Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Murder, Probation, Sex offenses, Tax evasion, Theft, Criminal domestic violence, Appeals
- 80% Criminal defense
- 20% Appellate
First Admitted: 1999, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.nealdavislaw.com/about/neal-davis.html
- Listed in Texas Super Lawyers
- Listed in Best Law Firms in America
- AV rated--Martindale Hubbell
- a Best Lawyer in America--Best Lawyers in America
- Houston Steering Committee of the University of Texas School of Law
- University of Texas at Austin, Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- B.A. with High Honors, Spanish and Comparative Literature, University of Southern California , 1995
- Videos about our practice, https://vimeo.com/user40693559
- Board Member, Harris County Criminal Lawyer's Association, 2005
- Texas, 1999 (Bar Card Number: 24001117)
- Board Certified in Criminal Law--Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2009
Office location for Neal Davis
1545 Heights Blvd.
Houston, TX 77008
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2022
Top listsTop 100: Houston Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2020
Certificates and credentials
Find me online
- Jailed #HarveyWeinstein is facing a new trial for sex charges in #California. Learn more: https://t.co/aWtDyLfYJT https://t.co/lj10uj2LFc
- Kevin #Spacey wins civil lawsuit filed by actor Anthony Rapp for alleged #sexualabuse. Learn more:… https://t.co/RTLZh0HzDH
- Read about the case of a 72-year-old Houston woman who was recently acquitted of killing her husband in self-defens… https://t.co/ckaULEkTLT