Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Houston, TX
- Free Consultation
Attorney Ned Barnett is the founder and owner of The Law Offices of Ned Barnett in Houston, Texas. Nationally recognized as one of the top trial advocates in the country, Mr. Barnett has achieved unprecedented success throughout his more than 32-year legal career focusing on criminal law.
Board-certified in criminal law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and possessing an uncommon amount of legal knowledge, Mr. Barnett represents the rights and liberties of those throughout the greater Houston metro region and surrounding areas who stand accused of or are under investigation for virtually any type of felony or misdemeanor offense. Widely regarded as one of the leading DUI/DWI defense attorneys in the nation, he has received advanced training in DWI gas chromatography and mastering evidence in DWI cases.
Moreover, Mr. Barnett is a founding member of both the American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys and the National College for DUI Defense. He is also an active member of several other local, state and national legal organizations, including the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association and the National Child Abuse Defense Center.
A former state and federal prosecutor, Mr. Barnett has focused on criminal defense for more than 20 years, and he established his law firm in 1994 with a mission to provide the highest level of counsel and support to the accused across his region. During that time, Mr. Barnett has secured numerous acquittals, dismissals and reduced charges for his clients who faced a range of serious offenses, from DWI and drug trafficking to sexual assault and murder.
His past experience as a prosecutor makes him all the more effective when devising the most effective strategies possible for the accused, and he has earned a reputation as a compassionate, highly ethical lawyer who aggressively pursues the most favorable outcome for those he serves whether in court or at the negotiation table.
Recognized for his success, Mr. Barnett holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell as well as designations from Best DWI Attorneys and The American Trial Lawyers. He also received the 10 Best in Client Satisfaction award from the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, and he has received numerous positive reviews and referrals from his satisfied clients.
Mr. Barnett obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Houston Law Center, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Criminal Defense
- 30%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex Offenses, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence, DUI/DWI
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
About Ned Barnett
First Admitted: 1987, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.nedbarnett.com/ned-barnett-houston-tx/
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rating for professional excellence
- Super Lawyers, 2015
- Certified in Field Sobriety Testing
- Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified Operator of the Breath Test Machine
- The Future of DWI - May 2, 2014
- Annual Rusty Duncan - June 11-12, 2014
- Lone Star DWI: Blood 101 - July 11, 2014
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Supporting Member of National Child Abuse Defense Center
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Founding Member of the National College for DUI Defense
- State Bar College
- Galveston County Bar Association
- Texas, 1987
- Fort Bend County Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Founding Member of the American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas, B.B.A., 1984
Last Updated: 5/16/2022