Nicole B. Davis
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Houston, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2005 - 2009, 2011
- Free Consultation
Nicole B. Davis is a probate and estate administration and litigation attorney in Houston, Texas. She is a partner at the law firm of Nikki Davis Law, PC, and serves clients in Houston and throughout the surrounding area.
For more than 2 decades, Ms. Davis has focused her practice on probate and estate law, handling complex issues in guardianship, trust disputes and estate litigation. Her clients include individuals needing estate planning, beneficiaries of estates and trusts, Agents under powers of attorney, guardians, trustees, executors and individuals facing mental health commitments and their families. She provides compassionate service to her clients while aggressively fighting for their rights in the courtroom.
Outside of the office, Ms. Davis regularly lectures at conferences and seminars and stays actively involved in her legal community through membership in various organizations. She is on the board of Disability and Elder Law Attorney Association.
Additionally, Ms. Davis is a member of the Houston Trial Lawyers Association, the State Bar of Texas, the Texas Guardianship Association, Attorneys in Tax and Probate.
Ms. Davis earned a bachelor’s degree in English from Sam Houston State University and received her law degree from South Texas College of Law Houston. While pursuing her law degree, she clerked for a court in Harris County, Texas. She holds a certification from the State Bar of Texas to serve as an ad litem in heirship and guardianship matters and is qualified to appear before all Texas state courts.
- 40%Estate Planning & Probate
- 40%Estate & Trust Litigation
- 20%Elder Law
Guardianships & Conservatorships, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills, Will Contests
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2005 - 2009, 2011
About Nicole B. Davis
First Admitted: 2001, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.houstonprobatelaw.com
- Selected to the 2020 Texas Super Lawyers list (Thomson Reuters)
- , Selected to Super Lawyers, Texas Super Lawyers, 2021
- Selected to the 2005-2009 and 2011 Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars lists (Thomson Reuters)
- Role of Guardian Ad Litem & Attorney Ad Litem. 2015 HBA Guardianship Ad Litem in Probate Court Institute
- Alternatives to Guardianship. Docket Call in Probate Court 2014
- The Client Interview: Probate and Estate Administration and the Engagement Agreement: One Knee and a Diamond Ring—Lawyer Style. San Antonio Estate Planners Council. Feb, 2007
- Anatomy of a Will. South Texas College of Law Wills and Probate Institute. Sept, 2012
- The Client Interview: Probate and Estate Administration and the Engagement Agreement: One Knee and a Diamond Ring—Lawyer Style. San Antonio Estate Planners Council. Feb. 2007
- Guardianships: Guardian of the Estate, Guardian of the Person, and Ad Litem Appointments. State Bar of Texas 28th Annual Advanced Estate Planning and Probate. June 2003
- Attorneys in Tax and Probate, member
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Disabilities & Elder Law Attorneys, member
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, member
- Sam Houston State University, B.A. in English
- Certified as Ad Litem by the State Bar of Texas, 2019
- Fiduciary Litigation
- Mental Health Law
Last Updated: 7/12/2022