Top rated immigration attorney in Houston, TexasCano Immigration, PLLC
Practice Areas: Immigration; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2008
Education: University of Houston Law Center
Languages Spoken: Albanian, English, Spanish
Cano Immigration, PLLC12141 Wickchester Lane
Houston, TX 77079 Visit website
Attorney Olsa Alikaj-Cano is the founder and principal of Cano Immigration, PLLC, in Houston, Texas. Board certified in immigration and nationality law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and possessing more than 12 years of total legal experience, Ms. Alikaj-Cano provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Houston metro and all across the state, as well as around the world, who have serious and pressing immigration-related legal challenges they need to address.
Over the course of her legal career, Ms. Alikaj-Cano has gained a reputation as a staunch advocate for the rights and entitlements of her clients, and she has achieved notable success helping a diverse range of clients realize their goals of a better life in the United States. She has focused on immigration law her entire career, and she has become a recognized leader in her field.
As such, Ms. Alikaj-Cano accepted an invitation from the mayor of Houston to serve on the Houston Area Council Against Human Trafficking, and she serves on the board of UNICEF USA Southwest Region. She is also highly active with the American Immigration Lawyers Association and its Texas Chapter, and she has conducted many lectures and continuing legal education seminars on a variety of topics related to immigration law.
Honored for her outstanding professionalism and service, Ms. Alikaj-Cano has earned designation as one of the Top Women in Immigration and one of the Top Women Attorneys in Texas. She has also received the pro bono certificate from the State Bar of Texas, the Pro Bono College for her selfless contributions to her profession and those less fortunate in her region.
A 2001 graduate of the University of Texas System, El Paso, Ms. Alikaj-Cano attended the University of Houston Law Center, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 2006. She is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court, and she routinely practices before the Executive Office for Immigration Review.
Practice areasImmigration: consumer, Immigration: business
Asylum, Naturalization & citizenship
- 60% Immigration: consumer
- 40% Immigration: business
First Admitted: 2008, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://canoimmigration.com/attorneys/olsa-alikaj-cano/
- Texas Super Lawyer 2019, 2020
- Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star 2016, 2017, 2018
- Top Women in Immigration 2018, 2019, 2020
- Top Women Attorneys in Texas 2018, 2019, 2020
- Pro Bono Attorney for the Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas
- Pro Bono Attorney for the Tahirih Justice Center
- HACHT Houston Area Council Against Human Trafficking Task Force, Council Member invited by the Houston Mayor 2016-2018
- State Bar of Texas International Law Section – Member
- International Bar Association (IBA)]
- U.S. Supreme Court, Texas State Bar, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- UNICEF USA, Southwest Region – Board Member
- World Affairs Council of Greater Houston – Member
- The Albanian American Association of Greater Houston – Member
- AILA TX Chapter-Member of Executive Committee, AILA Texas Chapter Houston ICE Liaison, AILA TX Chapter Advocacy Liaison
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), AILA New Member Division Liaison, AILA National ICE Liaison
- B.A. Honors Degree University of Texas at El Paso
Office location for Olsa Alikaj-Cano
12141 Wickchester Lane
Houston, TX 77079
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2018
Certificates and credentials
Immigration and Nationality Law