Paul A. Schiffer
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Houston, TexasSchiffer Law Firm, PLLC
Contact Paul Schiffer: (713)-521-0059
At the Schiffer Law Firm, Texas attorneys Paul and Jacob Schiffer together have over 50 years of combined legal experience and descend from a dynasty of American lawyers going back over 100 years.
Schiffer Law Firm proudly fights for individual clients and their families who have been wrongfully accused, had their constitutional rights violated, and those who have been harmed by others, defective products, or corporate negligence.
Schiffer Law Firm practices in the areas of criminal defense, including high-profile, high-risk offenses such as sex crimes, white collar crimes, federal healthcare fraud, employee theft, murder, and other state and federal crimes.
Furthermore, Schiffer Law Firm represents individuals or their families in personal injury law, including, catastrophic injuries, wrongful death, mass torts, pharmaceutical litigation and product liability.
The common thread in every case and the firm’s philosophy: PREPARATION & FOCUS
Further, unlike many firms, we believe it paramount to the success of every case that we truly get to know our clients, learn the most minute facts surrounding their unique case, remain disciplined to learning the newest changes to the law, and meticulously research our opposition so that we know how to get the best results.
Schiffer Law Firm has been recognized time and time again for their innovative trial techniques and courtroom charisma. We wholeheartedly recognize that people learn in different ways and we know we must adapt every client’s unique case accordingly, whether it is to encourage a prosecutor, judge, or jury.
SCHIFFER LAW FIRM
Attorney Paul Schiffer is a highly experienced, highly revered Texas attorney who is best known for his captivating trial strategy and unparalleled knowledge of the law and procedure.
Mr. Schiffer was born and raised in New York City, New York. He received his Bachelor of Arts in English from New York University. Mr. Schiffer then went on to attend South Texas College of Law in Houston, Texas where he received Dean’s Honors and graduated with honors, Cum Laude.
Prior to founding Schiffer Law Firm, attorney Paul Schiffer spent five years as a Texas prosecutor starting in 1975. While at the Harris County District Attorney’s Office, Paul personally prosecuted thousands of cases and tried hundreds of jury trials, including murders, sex crimes, and other high-profile offenses. Mr. Schiffer decided to then transition into a criminal defense attorney and has since represented and defended virtually every type of crime in Texas and Federal courts.
Mr. Schiffer has been named for over ten years as a Texas Super Lawyer, Houston’s H-Texas Top Lawyer, America’s Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers, Most Feared Lawyers, and was recently honored by inclusion in America’s Best Attorneys. Mr. Schiffer also is a proud member of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association, and the Texas Bar Association.
Managing-Member, Attorney at Law
Attorney Jacob Schiffer is a highly skilled and greatly accomplished Texas attorney who is best known for his perceptive attention to overlooked details and distinctive ability to condense difficult legal concepts into clear and understandable terms.
Mr. Schiffer was born and raised in Houston, Texas. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Humanities from the University of San Diego in San Diego, CA. He then went on to attend the Thurgood Marshall School of Law in Houston, Texas where he received Dean’s Honors every year and graduated with the highest honors, Summa Cum Laude.
Prior to Schiffer Law Firm, Mr. Schiffer previously worked at the United States Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Texas as a legal intern, where he worked primarily in the violent crimes’ division. Further, Mr. Schiffer tirelessly worked throughout the entirety of his law school career with some of the most respected names in criminal defense and personal injury law, both in Texas and nationwide.
Mr. Schiffer is a member of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association, and the Texas Bar Association.
Not only is Mr. Schiffer a skilled attorney, he has an extensive background in business and entrepreneurship well before he went to law school; receiving Houston Business Journal’s acclaimed Top 30 Under 30 Entrepreneurs award and Top 5 “Must Know” Houston Entrepreneurs.
When Paul and Jacob Schiffer are not passionately advocating for their clients, they both enjoy fishing, hunting, reading, scuba diving, world traveling, and spending time with their large family.
At Schiffer Law Firm, we are well know for taking on cases with high-profile exposure coupled with high-risk. These include criminal charges, both in State and Federal court, such as:
• Sex Crimes •
o Indecency with a Child by Contact or Exposure
o Child Pornography (Possession, Distribution, Production)
o Online Solicitation of a Minor
o Sexual Assault (of a Minor, Marital, Aggravated, Continuous)
o Prostitution / Solicitation
o Invasive Visual Recording (ie, "hidden camera")
o Voyeurism (ie, "peeping tom")
o Inappropriate Teacher / Student Relationship
o Title IX: Campus Sex Crime Allegations & Investigative Hearings
• COVID-19 Federal Crimes •
o Item Hoarding
o Price Gauging
o Terroristic Threat
o Wire Fraud
o Bank Fraud
o False Statements
o Tax Evasion
o Money Laundering
o Customs Violations
• Fraud & Theft Crimes •
o Federal Healthcare Fraud
o Employee Theft / Embezzlement / Fiduciary Fraud
• Violent Crimes
o Aggravated Assault / Family Violence
• Intoxication Crimes •
o DWI, Driving While Intoxicated
o Intoxication Manslaughter / Assault
• Drug Crimes •
o Federal “Pill Mill” Pain Management Fraud
o Trafficking / Possession / Manufacturing
Texas State and National Personal Injury
At Schiffer Law Firm, we represent individuals who have been severely injured or the families of those whose loved ones have been wrongfully killed by others or corporate negligence. Some of these include catastrophic injury cases, both in State and Federal court, including:
• Wrongful Death •
o Work / Employment
o Oilfield / Chemical Plant
o Commercial Truck / 18-Wheeler
o Pharmaceutical Drug
o Medical Negligence
o Commercial Plane Crash / Accident
o Private Jet Crash / Accident
• Automotive Accidents •
o Car / Automobile
• Rideshare Injuries (Uber, Lyft, etc.) •
o Automobile Accident
o Wrongful Death
o Sexual Assault by Driver
o Scooter Accident
• Sexual Assault & Revenge Porn •
o Church / Clergy
o Teacher / Sports Coach
o Camp Counselor
o Pediatrician / ObGyn / Doctor / Counselor / Surgeon
o Neighbor / Family Member
• Work Related Injuries •
o Offshore Rig
o West Texas Permian Basin
o Wind Turbine
o Wrongful Death
• Maritime / Boating Injuries •
o Shipping / Cargo Vessel
o Cruise Ship
• Mass Torts: Products Liability and Dangerous Pharmaceutical Drug Lawsuits
o Elmiron (pentosan) Eye-Disease / Pigmentary Maculopathy
o Belviq (lorcaserin) Cancer
o Zantac (Cancer)
o Surgical Stapler (Injury, Infection, Scarring)
o Asbestos / Mesothelioma Cancer
o Juul E-Cigarettes Teenage Lung Injury
o GM Airbag Failure
o Roundup Weedkiller Cancer
o Talcum Powder Ovarian Cancer
o Sexual Abuse (Catholic Clergy, Boy Scouts of America, other)
• Types of Injuries •
o Wrongful Death
o Total Loss of Vision / Blindness
o Third-Degree Burns
o Brain Injury
o Cancer / Disease
o STD’s , Sexually Transmitted Diseases
o Severe Physical and Emotional Pain
o Permanent Disfigurement
Schedule your free case or claim consultation today: 713-521-0059 or email [email protected]
Practice areasCriminal defense, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex offenses, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Toxic mold, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 50% Criminal defense
- 50% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1975, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://schifferlawfirm.com
- Member, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, Harris County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Texas, 1975
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas
- Assistant Scoutmaster, Boy Scouts Of America
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas
- Assistant Scoutmaster, Boy Scouts of America, Troop 642, Houston, Texas
- Guest Lecturer, Cross Examinations, South Texa College of Law
- New York University, New York, New York 1970, B.A.
- Schiffer Law Firm | Criminal Defense Attorneys, Schiffer Law Firm | Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2020
- Sex Crime Client Testimonial | Schiffer Law Firm, Sex Crime Client Testimonial | Schiffer Law Firm, 2020
- Sex Crimes Defense | Schiffer Law Firm, Sex Crimes Defense | Schiffer Law Firm, 2020
- Consequences of a "Sex Crime" Conviction, Consequences of a "Sex Crime" Conviction, 2020
- Online Solicitation of a Minor | Texas Laws Overview, Online Solicitation of a Minor | Texas Laws Overview, 2020
- Awarded as Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Association, 2020
- Awarded Houston's Top Lawyers, Houston's Top Lawyers, H-Texas Magazine, 2019
- Awarded Texas Super Lawyer, Texas Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers, 2019
- Awarded as Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Association, 2019
- Named One of Texas' Super Lawyers by Super Lawyers in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. One of Texas' Top Lawyers Rating Platforms., Texas Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2018
- Paul has continuously been awarded the honors as one of the Best Lawyers in America from 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 by the prestigous magazine titled Best Lawyers. , Best Lawyers In America, Best Lawyers Magazine, 2018
- Attorney Paul Schiffer was graciously awarded as one of the nation's Top 100 Trial Lawyers in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. , Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Association, 2018
- Named One of Houston's Top Lawyers by H-Texas Monthly Magazine in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. , One of Houston's Top Lawyers, H-Texas Magazine, 2017
Office location for Paul A. Schiffer
5300 Memorial Dr.
Houston, TX 77007
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2011, 2013 - 2022