Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Houston, TexasPaul Morgan Law Office, PLLC
The founder of his own law firm in Houston, Texas, Paul Morgan focuses his practice on criminal defense matters. In this regard, he represents people throughout the greater metropolitan area who have been charged by the state or federal government with having committed misdemeanor or felony offenses. Mr. Morgan is admitted to practice in Texas and before several federal trial and appellate courts, and he has received a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo for his successful track record and high degree of ethics.
The types of charges that Mr. Morgan's clients have been handed have encompassed assault and battery, theft, sex crimes such as rape and prostitution, human trafficking, burglary, and drug possession and distribution, including cocaine and methamphetamine. Mr. Morgan's defense experience has also included health care, bank and mail fraud, counterfeiting, and other white collar crimes. Throughout his career, he has been able to obtain positive results for many of his clients, whether through dismissals or acquittals, or by the negotiation of favorable plea bargain agreements with the prosecution. Mr. Morgan also works on appeals for clients who have been convicted at the trial level, and he helps people have their criminal records sealed as well.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Morgan attended the University of St. Thomas in Houston, where he majored in international relations and received a bachelor's degree in 2010. He then went on to pursue his legal education at South Texas College of Law Houston, and he was awarded his Juris Doctor in 2013. Mr. Morgan opened his firm in April 2015, and he counts among his professional affiliations the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association and the Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal Defense: White Collar
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Criminal Law - Federal, DUI/DWI, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex Offenses, Theft, White Collar Crime
- 60% Criminal Defense
- 20% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 20% Criminal Defense: White Collar
First Admitted: 2014, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://themorganlawfirm.com/about/
- South Texas College of Law Pro Bono Honors, 2015
- TLC Graduate, 2016
- TCDLA Trial College Graduate, 2016
- HCCLA Unsung Hero Nominee 2016 & 2018 (award refused for 2018)
- State Bar College, 2017
- HCCLA President’s Award, 2017
- Harris County District Attorney Transition, Team Member, 2017
- Trial Lawyer College (TLC), 2016 - Present
- National Criminal Lawyers Association”, 2017- Present
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association (TTLA), 2017 - Present
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association (HTLA), 2017 - Present
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association (HCCLA), 2017- Present
- National College of DUI Defense, 2015 – Present
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2015 – Present
- Present HCCLA, Board Member
- TDDLA, 2015 – Present
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association, 2015 – Present
Office location for Paul Morgan
1523 Yale St.
Houston, TX 77008
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2023