Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Houston, TX
Attorney Phil Griffis is the founder and owner of The Law Office of Phil Griffis in Houston, Texas. Certified in civil trial law and personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization as well as a certified civil trial specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, Mr. Griffis has more than 31 years of experience representing clients throughout the greater Houston metro region and all across the state who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Business litigation
· Personal injury defense
· Civil litigation defense
· General civil litigation
· Consumer law
Over the course of his career, Mr. Griffis has achieved notable success protecting the rights and interests of those facing serious and complex legal challenges. A veteran of more than 50 jury trials, he also has extensive experience with arbitrations and appeals, and he has earned a reputation for his aggressive pursuit of the most favorable outcomes possible for those he serves.
From his efforts, he has helped earn his law firm recognition as one of the country's top legal practices as ranked by U.S. News & World Report. He has also received "Superb" client ratings on Avvo along with numerous accolades from his peers.
A Texas native, Mr. Griffis graduated from Baylor University in 1985 with a degree in finance. He then attended Baylor Law School, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1988. Initially focusing on corporate law in law school, he quickly shifted his focus to trial law and participated in the school's Practice Court. He then worked for several prominent area law firms and completed an intensive 10-day trial advocacy program with the National Institute for Trial Advocacy.
Mr. Griffis is an active member of the State Bar of Texas, and he has published articles and conducted lectures and seminars on a variety of legal topics related to liability litigation, avoiding personal injury lawsuits and other subjects.
- 30%Business Litigation
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Defense
- 20%Civil Litigation: Defense
- 10%Consumer Law
- 10%General Litigation
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Phil Griffis
First Admitted: 1988, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.griffislawfirm.com/attorneys
- Baylor University BBA, Major in Finance, 1985
- State Bar of Texas, 1988
- Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by National Board of Trial Advocacy, 2004
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2004
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2004
- High Tech
- Please join us if you can! https://t.co/Vhsu21pNLY
- @MileyCyrus old white guy here. That was f**** great!!!
- @espn @BaylorMBB @BaylorWBB Great picture. Two total badasses.
- @katiebbrewer This makes me ill. I hope you try to trace who sent the threats and try to have them prosecuted.
- @DBtodomundo Thank you Mr. Byrne! A two hour reprieve from COVID and you know who. Stupendous!
Last Updated: 5/15/2022