Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Houston, TX
- Virtual Appointments
Rachel Sedita is an attorney with Diggs & Sadler, a law firm in Houston, Texas. Board certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Ms. Sedita has more than seven years of experience and provides exceptional counsel and support to business owners and employers across her region with all their complex and sensitive employment law matters.
In addition to employment law, Ms. Sedita devotes a significant portion of her practice to family law, and she offers highly personalized representation to individuals and families who are going through the emotional divorce process to help them make the best-informed decisions regarding child custody and support, property division and all other related matters.
From her time in undergrad, Ms. Sedita has maintained an intense passion for family law, and she completed an internship with the child support division of the Office of the Attorney General. She also was an active participant in the Complex Family Law Clinic, and she works hard to protect the rights and best interests of children caught up in divorce as well as in other contentious custody situations.
Whether helping her clients remain compliant with all applicable employment laws and regulations or assisting them with their divorces, Ms. Sedita fights aggressively to protect her clients' rights and interests at all turns.She has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from her peers, including a Top Lawyer designation from Houstonia Magazine, as well as numerous testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients.
A 2009 graduate of Trinity University, Ms. Sedita obtained her Juris Doctor from South Texas College of Law Houston in 2012. She is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
- 60%Family Law
- 40%Employment & Labor: Employer
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Employment Law - Employee, Unions, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Labor Law
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2023
Certificates and Credentials
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Labor and Employment Law
About Rachel Sedita
First Admitted: 2013, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.texasadvocates.com
- Trinity University, B.A. Political Science, 2009
- Southern District of Texas, 2014
- Houston Bar Association Lawyers for Literacy Committee, 2017
- State of Texas
- Houston Bar Association Law Week Fun Run Committee, 2017
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association’s Leadership Academy, Class of 2013-2014
- 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, 2015
- Northern District of Texas, 2016
- Board Certified in Labor & Employment Law., 2018
- Mediator's Certificate, Frank Evans Center for Conflict Resolution
- , Selected as a Top Lawyer by Houstonia Magazine, Houstonia Magazine, 2021
- Selected by Houstonia Magazine as a 2019 Top Lawyer., Houstonia Magazine, 2019
- Selected as Top Lawyer by Houstonia Magazine., Top Lawyer, Houstonia Magazine, 2020
- Selected by Houstonia Magazine as one of the Top Lawyers of 2017, Houstonia Magazine, 2017
- Selected by Houstonia Magazine as a top Labor & Employment lawyer for 2018., Houstonia Magazine, 2018
- Family Law
- Labor & Employment Law
- The court takes marital waste seriously, but what is marital waste? Attorney Jessica Lara Schneider explains. https://t.co/B7ka3dM9EF
- #MondayMotivation | Children can have a hard time with divorce and likely will go to their parents for help. Be tha… https://t.co/JPufnrOQ8k
- #TestimonialTuesday | Thank you for the kind review! We are grateful knowing we had an impact! Read more reviews on… https://t.co/xw4oO2GZAx
- #FactFriday | It's common to see high asset divorces take longer than more "traditional" divorces because of the ad… https://t.co/Wslwtmy0tk
- Individuals with investment accounts should consider working with an accountant to do account tracing and determine… https://t.co/NxuVGLqevE
Last Updated: 8/22/2022