Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Houston, TX
Ronald Wright is a managing partner of McCathern’s Houston office. Mr. Wright practices in the areas of banking, corporate services, real estate transactions, restaurant and hospitality (with particular experience in food services), retail electricity, and oil and gas. He regularly advises clients regarding general business and corporate governance matters.
He is experienced in handling complex transactional matters involving mergers & acquisitions, contract negotiation and drafting, corporate governance formalities, finance, and succession planning. Applying a "deal maker" philosophy, Mr. Wright works with his clients to navigate the challenges and risks of negotiating and closing a deal while ensuring his client is well informed and adequately protected. He has also participated in litigation involving non-compete agreements, director liability, contract disputes, and oil & gas disputes.
Prior to joining McCathern, Mr. Wright co-founded the law firm Drinnon & Wright, PLLC in February, 2008, where he served as the firm’s administrative partner and headed the firm’s transaction division.
Mr. Wright received his Juris Doctor from Michigan State University School of Law, where he earned a certificate of concentration in corporate law and served as a member of the Moot Court and Advocacy Board. He received a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Texas at Austin.
Mr. Wright is admitted to practice law in the State of Texas and is a member of the Houston Bar Association and Texas Young Lawyers Association (TYLA). He was named by Super Lawyers as a Texas Super Lawyer in both 2020 and 2021, an honor received by less than 5% of attorneys. He was also named a Top Lawyer in Houston in Business Law for 2021-2022 by Houstonia Magazine.
Mr. Wright is active in the community and regularly assists local charities. Mr. Wright was born and raised in Houston, Texas.
About Ronald Wright
First Admitted: 2006, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://mccathernlaw.com/attorney/ronald-wright/
- Texas Young Lawyers Association (TYLA)
- Houston Bar Association
- State of Texas
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A. Psychology, 2002
- Michigan State College of Law, J.D., 2006
- , Top Lawyer - Business Law, Houstonia Magazine, 2021
- , Houston's Top Lawyers - Corporate Finance: Mergers and Acquisitions, H Texas Magazine, 2020
- Top Lawyer - Business Law, Houstonia Magazine, 2016
- Real Estate
- Attorney David Clark has published an analysis of a case before the #supremecourt involving artists Prince and Andy… https://t.co/1AQKSbjI9a
- McCathern Frisco Partner Ty Sheaks will be presenting on liability considerations and #riskmanagement at this month… https://t.co/Bx3VQFeWTd
- Last Thursday McCathern was proud to participate in the 30th Annual @DallasBarAssoc Golf Tournament benefitting Acc… https://t.co/XCWqWie2vF
- On Friday our Dallas office gathered to compile hygiene kits that will go directly to area homeless through the org… https://t.co/1TLc1k3urd
Last Updated: 5/15/2022