Ryan McIntosh Grant
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Houston, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012, 2014 - 2020
Attorney Ryan Mcintosh Grant is a shareholder with Trimble & Grant, PLLC, law firm in Houston, Texas. A top-rated trial lawyer with more than 14 years of legal experience, Mr. Grant focuses his practice primarily on personal injury and wrongful death claims and other types of civil litigation, and he provides exceptional counsel and support to clients throughout Houston and surrounding areas who have suffered injuries or lost loved ones due to the negligent, careless or unlawful actions of others.
Early in his legal career, Mr. Grant worked as a civil defense attorney, representing the rights and interests of corporations and insurance providers against tortious and liability claims. Realizing he would attain greater satisfaction advocating on behalf of innocent accident victims and their families, he shifted his focus to representing plaintiff clients, and he has recovered substantial settlements and verdicts for those suffering needlessly through no fault of their own.
He has also become a recognized leader in maritime injury cases under the Jones Act, and he has handled numerous third-party claims under the Texas Workers Compensation Act and the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act. He has also handled a variety of OCSLA matters along with liability claims arising from automobile accidents, oil field accidents and injuries, and other work-related tragedies.
Mr. Grant has also defended and prosecuted a number of liability and tortious cases in jurisdictions across the country, and he has earned consistent recognition as one of the top civil trial attorneys in the nation.
A 2002 graduate of Georgetown University, Mr. Grant obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Houston Law Center in 2006. He holds his license to practice in Louisiana and Texas, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas and the Eastern District of Louisiana. Active in his legal community, he is a member of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the Texas Young Lawyers Association and the Houston Trial Lawyers Association, among his other professional affiliations.
About Ryan McIntosh Grant
First Admitted: 2006, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://texaslawspot.com/ryan-m-grant/
- Ryan M. Grant tried a case to verdict in the 10th Judicial District Court of Galveston County, Texas in April of 2016. The Plaintiff was injured on a ferryboat while traveling between Galveston and Bolivar after the ferryboat collided with a piling at the landing. Defendant denied that any incident happened or that any injury could have occurred. After two days of trial, the jury returned a favorable verdict for Ryan’s client. The defendant did not make any offers of settlement pre-suit.
- Ryan served as trial co-counsel for Plaintiff, who was severely injured in a vehicle collision with a Defendant in Harris County, Texas in March of 2013. Defendant denied all liability and argued that Plaintiff was solely responsible for causing the collision because the accident happened within Defendant’s lane of travel on a two-lane road. The case was tried in September of 2016 over a period of four days, and both Plaintiff and Defendant called expert accident re-construction experts on the issue of liability. The jury returned a verdict finding the defendant was solely negligent in causing the accident and entered a favorable verdict for Plaintiff with respect to damages.
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Recognized on the 2012 Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers magazine, a Thomson Reuters Company
- Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers magazine, a Thomson Reuters Company, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Louisiana Law License, 2013
Last Updated: 5/15/2022