Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Houston, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2011 - 2019
- Free Consultation
- Virtual Appointments
Ryan Zehl is the founder of Zehl & Associates and a nationally recognized trial lawyer who's recovered billions of dollars and the largest verdicts and settlements in history on behalf of clients injured in catastrophic oilfield, truck, motor-vehicle, offshore, and plant and refinery accidents and explosions.
Some of Ryan's recent recoveries include the #1 largest oilfield accident settlement in US History, the #1 largest oilfield burn injury settlement in US History, the #1 largest 18 wheeler accident settlement in Texas, a $100 million settlement for workers injured in a catastrophic refinery explosion, and a $90 million settlement for a worker who was severely burned in an oilfield blowout.
The success that Ryan and his firm have achieved for their clients has distinguished Ryan as one of the "Top 100 Trial Lawyers" in Texas and resulted in him being named a Super Lawyer every year since 2008. Ryan is also a member of both the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, organizations that limit membership to the top 1% of trial lawyers in the country.
Mr. Zehl has been interviewed by media outlets across the world, including Good Morning America, the International Herald, the Wall Street Journal, CBS Nightly News, Fox & Friends, the Washington Post, the New York Times, and a number of others.
Before founding Zehl & Associates, Mr. Zehl worked as a Briefing Attorney for the Texas Supreme Court and as a trial and appellate lawyer at one of the largest law firms in the country.
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Admiralty & Maritime Law, Transportation Law
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2019
Articles about Ryan Zehl appearing in Super Lawyers
About Ryan Zehl
First Admitted: 2004, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.zehllaw.com/texas-trial-lawyers/ryan-zehl-housto...
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2009
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Association
- Lifetime Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- National Champion, Judge Evan A. Evans Moot Court Competition, South Texas College of Law
- Highest Grade: Criminal Procedure
- Magna cum laude (top 5%) graduate from law school
- Highest Grade: Evidence
- Law clerk for Justice Scott Brister of the Texas Supreme Court, 2004
- South Texas Law Review Member
- Highest Grade: Remedies
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Board Member, Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- State Bar of Texas, 2004
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- State Bar of Pennsylvania, 2011
- University of Texas, Austin, B.A. in Psychology
- , About Zehl & Associates, Personal Injury, Trucking, Maritime, Plant And Refinery Explosions, 2020
- #1 Largest Oilfield Accident Settlement in US History , 2021
- #1 Largest Oilfield Burn Injury Settlement in US History , 2021
- $23.5 Million Settlement: Ryan Zehl obtained a record-setting $23.5 million settlement on behalf of a client who was seriously injured after being hit head-on by a commercial truck. The settlement is the largest in the defendant's history and the largest in Texas in 2019. , 2019
- $100 Million Settlement: Zehl & Associates obtained a $100 million settlement on behalf of workers injured in a refinery explosion. The settlement is one of the largest industrial accident settlements in history. , 2018
- $9.8 Million Settlement: Ryan Zehl obtained a $9.8 million settlement on behalf of a client who suffered a herniation in her cervical spine and a mild traumatic brain injury after being run off the road by an 18 wheeler in Dallas, Texas.
- $3.35 Million Settlement: Ryan Zehl recovered $3.35 million for a client who suffered a herniated disk in his lumbar spine after being rear-ended by an 18 wheeler in San Antonio, Texas.
- $10.2 Million Settlement: Zehl & Associates obtained a $10.2 million settlement on behalf of a roustabout who suffered a mild traumatic brain injury after being dropped from a personal basket during an offshore crew transfer. The settlement is the largest in the company's corporate history.
- $4.8 Million Verdict: Ryan Zehl recovered a $4.8 million verdict against R&L Carriers, Inc. on behalf of a client who sustained a mild traumatic brain injury, as well as herniations in her neck and lower back, when her vehicle flipped over after being rear-ended by an 18 wheeler in Weatherford, Texas. The verdict is the largest in R&L's corporate history and was one of the largest accident verdicts in the State of Texas.
- $18.6 Million Verdict: Ryan Zehl recovered $18.6 million at trial on behalf of a client who suffered a lumbar herniation while riding as a passenger on a Greyhound bus. The verdict was the #1 largest accident verdict in Texas and remains the largest verdict in Greyhound's history.
- $7.1 Million Settlement: Zehl & Associates recovered $7.1 million on behalf of a father and son who suffered herniations in their neck and lower back after being rear-ended by an 18 wheeler in Houston, Texas.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022