Top rated personal injury attorney in Houston, TexasScott, Clawater & Houston, L.L.P.
Practice Areas: Personal injury, General litigation; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1987
Education: Baylor Law School
Scott, Clawater & Houston, L.L.P.2727 Allen Parkway
Houston, TX 77019 Visit website
Samuel A. Houston is a senior partner at the SCH Law Firm. He offers civil and general litigation services to people in the Houston, Texas, area. Mr. Houston is certified in civil trial advocacy by the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification and in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He has received the highest possible rating of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Possessing more than 25 years of experience, Mr. Houston has assisted clients with a range of complex legal issues including those involving medical malpractice and other personal injury claims, legal malpractice, professional liability, business litigation and mental health law. He takes a client-focused approach to each case he handles, providing people with personalized attention and customizing his strategy to suit their needs and legal goals. He explains his clients' rights to them, as well as the laws and procedures that apply to their situations.
Beyond his work in the courtroom, Mr. Houston is actively involved in the community. He is an associate member of the American Board of Trial Advocates and is a member of the State Bar of Texas and the Houston Bar Association. Mr. Houston has also volunteered his time with Sheltering Arms, and he served as a cubmaster for his son's Cub Scouts pack.
Mr. Houston received a Bachelor of Business Administration in international business from The University of Texas at Austin in 1984. He then went on to attend the Baylor University Law School, graduating with a Juris Doctor in 1987.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: defense, General litigation
Personal injury - plaintiff
- 70% Personal injury - general: defense
- 30% General litigation
First Admitted: 1987, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://schlawyers.com/team/samuel-a-houston
- Sheltering Arms
- Center for the Retarded, Inc., Volunteer
- Rated AV by the Martindale-Hubbell
- Order of Barristers, Member, Baylor University School of Law
- Houston’s Top Lawyers by H Houston Magazine
- Phi Delta Phi fraternity, Baylor University
- “Super Lawyer” in Texas Monthly Magazine, 2005
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Board Certified, Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Baylor Law School, 1987
- University of Texas, B.B.A. in International Business, 1984
- U.S. District Court of Texas, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Associate Member
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- National Board of Trial Advocacy, Member
Office location for Sam Houston
2727 Allen Parkway
Houston, TX 77019
- Super Lawyers: 2003, 2005 - 2023