Sammy Ford IV
Top rated business litigation attorney in Houston, TexasAhmad, Zavitsanos & Mensing or AZA
Practice Areas: Business litigation, Personal injury, Securities litigation
Licensed in Texas since: 2008
Education: The University of Texas School of Law
Sammy Ford IV has tried over 20 cases before judges, juries, and arbitrators . He represents companies and individuals around the country in all manner of civil matters, including business torts, environmental claims, general commercial litigation, trade secret litigation, securities and consumer class actions, and catastrophic personal injury cases. He is board certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
He attended Harvard University and graduated with high honors, magna cum laude, in 2004.
He graduated with honors from the University of Texas School of Law in 2007. While there, he served as Development Editor of The Review of Litigation and as Chair of the Career Services Committee of the Thurgood Marshall Legal Society. Mr. Ford participated in the school’s first Supreme Court Clinic and was on a team that convinced the U.S. Supreme Court to review a client’s case during a term in which the Court agreed to hear only 78 of the 8,517 cases filed.
He clerked for the Honorable Jerry E. Smith of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit following law school.
He is active in the community as a member of the local and state bar associations and the local, state, and national trial lawyer associations. Mr. Ford is a past Chair of the State Bar’s Computer and Technology Section Council and of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
First Admitted: 2008, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.azalaw.com/our-attorneys/sammy-ford-iv/
- Houston Bar Association Law Week Committee; Houston Bar Association Houston Lawyer Magazine Editorial Board; Houston Bar Association Bench-Bar Pro Bono Committe; Houston Trial Lawyers Board Member; Houston Trial Lawyers Membership Committe; Council Member of the Computer and Technology Section of the State Bar of Texas; Houston Bar Association Communities in Schools Committee Co-Chair.
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, TexasJ.D. – 2007 Thurgood Marshall Legal Society, Chair: Career Services Committee, 2005-2006 Review of Litigation (Volume 26), Development Editor, 2006 – 2007 Review of Litigation (Volume 25), Staff Member, 2005 – 2006Harvard CollegeA.B. (Magna cum laude) – 2004, 2004
- Attorney profile video., www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuT4k-ESjak, 2011
- St. Thomas High School Board, 2013
- Board Certified - Personal Injury Trial Law Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2013
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2021
Top listsUp-and-Coming 100: Texas Rising Stars: 2017 - 2021
Certificates and credentials
Personal Injury Trial Law