Samuel B. Edwards
Top rated Securities Litigation attorney in Houston, TexasShepherd Smith Edwards & Kantas, L.L.P.
Practice Areas: Securities Litigation
Licensed in Texas since: 2001
Education: University of Houston Law Center
Shepherd Smith Edwards & Kantas, L.L.P.1010 Lamar St.
Houston, TX 77002 Visit website
Offering securities law representation to individual people and institutions nationwide, Samuel B. Edwards is a partner at Shepherd Smith Edwards & Kantas LLP. Striving to protect investor rights, Mr. Edwards has helped clients achieve favorable resolutions to matters involving such issues as fraud and misrepresentation, unsuitable investment counsel, stock and bond investments, annuities and futures, and derivatives.
Mr. Edwards earned a Bachelor of Arts from The University of Texas at Austin prior to attending the University of Houston Law Center. He graduated from there with honors, receiving a Juris Doctor. Mr. Edwards also earned a Master of Law degree in securities law and a Master of Laws degree in financial regulation from Georgetown Law.
When brokerage firms, financial institutions, trust companies and others defraud retirees, credit unions, municipalities and other investors, it may cost people their financial security, as well as their futures. Mr. Edwards’ experience includes representing clients in arbitration through private actions, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, the American Arbitration Association and the Intercontinental Exchange Inc. Striving to help those he represents to recover the maximum compensation for their losses, he provides dedicated guidance and advocacy. Standing by his clients through each phase of the process, it is Mr. Edwards’ goal to hold investment firms accountable when fraud or other such wrongdoing takes place.
Mr. Edwards is the past president of the Public Investors Advocate Bar Association ("PIABA"), has testified before federal, state and regulatory bodies on issues important to investors and is often quoted in major news publications on investor issues.
Practice areasSecurities Litigation
- 100% Securities Litigation
First Admitted: 2001, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.investorlawyers.com/about-us/samuel-b-edwards/
- Public Investors Advocate Bar Association (PIABA), Active Member
- PIABA, President, 2019
- PIABA Bar Journal, Previous Editor and Chief
- Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2013-2014
- Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2008-2011
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., Master’s Degree, Major: Securities Law and Financial Regulation, Honors: With Distinction, Honors: Thomas B. Chetwood S.J. Prize – Graduated with Highest Grade Point Average in Securities Law and Financial Regulation
- University of Texas, B.A.
- Received a $10,000,000 arbitration award for an individual investor that included $1,000,000 in punitive damages., 2017
- Securities Law
Office location for Samuel B. Edwards
1010 Lamar St.
Houston, TX 77002
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2008 - 2011, 2013 - 2014