Sharon C. Stodghill
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Houston, TexasLaw Office of Sharon C. Stodghill
Practice Areas: Estate planning & probate, Closely held business; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1992
Education: South Texas College of Law Houston
Law Office of Sharon C. Stodghill952 Echo Lane
Houston, TX 77024 Visit website
Sharon C. Stodghill is the owner of the Law Office of Sharon C. Stodghill in Houston, Texas. She plays an instrumental role in helping her clients protect and preserve their assets by preparing and reviewing wills and trusts, financial powers of attorney and advance health care directives. She also guides clients in matters related to tax law, real estate and business organization.
Ms. Stodghill was board-certified in estate planning and probate law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization two decades ago. She received her B.B.A. in accounting from Lamar University in 1973, followed by her Juris Doctor from South Texas College of Law, Houston, in 1992.
Outside of her law practice, Ms. Stodghill stays involved in her legal community by maintaining active membership in the Houston Bar Association’s Trust and Probate Section, Elder Law Committee and AIDS Outreach Committee. She is also a part of the Houston Chapter of Certified Public Accountants and the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants.
A certified public accountant (CPA) since 1975, Ms. Stodghill worked as an accountant in tax law for several years early in her career. She later worked at the trust section of a renowned, full-service bank.
A native of Beaumont, Texas, Ms. Stodghill supports a variety of causes through her pro bono legal work. She served as an adjunct professor at the University of Houston, where she was part of the Certified Financial Planner Program. She is also a member of St. John the Divine Episcopal Church’s planned giving committee.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Closely held business
Estate planning, Guardianships & conservatorships, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
- 70% Estate planning & probate
- 30% Closely held business
First Admitted: 1992, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.scslawyer.com/attorney/sharon-c-stodghill/
- Elder Care Committee, Member
- St. John the Divine Episcopal Church
- Adjunct Professor at the University of Houston, Certified Financial Planner Program
- Adjunct Professor of estate planning at Rice University
- Texas, 1992
- Houston Estate and Financial Planning Forum
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association, Elder Law Committee
- Houston Bar Association, Legalline
- Houston Bar Association, AIDS Outreach Committee
- Houston Bar Association, Trust and Probate Section, Member
- Served as member of the Advanced Estate Planning Committee for the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants, 2019
- B.B.A in Accounting from Lamar University, 1973
- Certified Public Accountant, 1975
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member, Advanced Estate Planning Conference
- Representative businesses include high net worth individuals with closely held businesses, 2019
Office location for Sharon C. Stodghill
952 Echo Lane
Houston, TX 77024
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023