Sofia E. Bruera
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Houston, TexasBruera Law
Sofia E. Bruera, of Bruera Law Firm, PLLC, is a personal injury attorney in Houston, Texas. Ms. Bruera handles many types of personal injury cases, including those involving motor vehicle accidents, construction accidents, premises liability and catastrophic injuries. Fluent in Spanish and French, she serves clients throughout the Houston metropolitan area.
Ms. Bruera has over a decade of experience with personal injury litigation, particularly medical device and pharmaceutical litigation. Over the course of her career, she has successfully resolved and litigated complex matters on behalf of injury victims in Texas and across the country.
Licensed to practice law in the state courts of Texas since 2009, Ms. Bruera is also qualified to practice before federal courts in California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Utah.
Outside of her personal injury practice, Ms. Bruera speaks on various personal injury topics, including lecturing for the American Association for Justice.
In recognition of her success as a personal injury attorney, The National Trial Lawyers named Ms. Bruera one of the top 100 national trial lawyers and one of the “top 100 mass tort lawyers” in 2017. Additionally, she is the author of articles appearing in publications, including the American Association for Justice’s Admiralty Law Newsletter, the Palliative & Supportive Care journal and Trial Lawyer magazine.
Ms. Bruera graduated with honors from Southern Methodist University with bachelor’s degrees in French and psychology. She earned her law degree from the University of Houston Law Center. While pursuing her law degree, she served as the business development editor of the Houston Journal of Health Law & Policy.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2009, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.brueralaw.com/sofia-e-bruera/
- Southern Methodist University with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and a Bachelor of Arts in French in 2006
- Top 100 National Trial Lawyers and top 100 Mass Tort lawyers for 2017
- Texas Monthly Magazine named Sofia a Rising Star from 2014-2017
- “Regulation of Internet Pharmacies using RFID tags, 2D barcodes and Biometrics” in the Houston Journal of Health Law & Policy;“The 510k Fast Track and Medical Device Discovery” in Trial Magazine,” “The Off-Label Promotion Conundrum” in the AAJ Products Liability Newsletter;“Where are the Women? Tips for Increasing Female Leadership in Mass Torts” in the AAJ Women Trial Lawyer’s Newsletter;“The Power of Gender Equity” in Trial Magazine;“Update on Learned Intermediary in Medical Device Cases” in the AAJ Products Liability Newsletter;“Insurance Company Denial of Payment and Enforced Changes in the Type and Dose of Opioid Analgesics for Patients with Cancer Pain” in Palliative & Supportive Care Journal; and“Emerging Litigation: Controversy over Power Morcellators” in Trial Talk Magazine December/January 2015 and “Remand in Maritime Cases” Admiralty Law Newsletter, Winter 2015.
- Massachusetts Superior Court; United States District Court of Massachusetts; Northern District of California; United States District Court of Utah; United States District Court of New Jersey; Northern District of New York; Southern District of New York; Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas; and Texas State Courts.
Office location for Sofia E. Bruera
3100 Timmons Ln
Houston, TX 77027
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2019