An associate at Fullenweider Wilhite, P.C., Stephen F. Post handles family law matters that include divorce, child custody, child support, international divorce, complex asset division and same-sex family law. He takes cases throughout the Houston, Texas, area.
A family law issue could have several paths to resolution, and Mr. Post has walked clients through them all. He has successfully been through the mediation and arbitration processes. If those courses of action fail to yield a result, he has taken matters to trial as well as the appeals courts. Over the course of his career, he has represented both mothers and fathers through complex matters.
No matter which way a case goes, Mr. Post is committed to being a steadfast advocate for his clients and their best interests. As matters progress, he is available to respond to concerns. Former clients know him for his straightforward advice and sensible solutions. He respects clients' time and resources, as he constantly looks for ways to bring a case to an efficient yet effective close.
Mr. Post received a Bachelor of Arts in political science from The University of Texas at San Antonio. Afterward, he went to the South Texas College of Law Houston, earning a Juris Doctor with the highest honors in 2011. While there, he was a member of the school's law reviews and received several CALI awards in areas that include marital property law.
For his accomplishments, Mr. Post has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America. A sought-after speaker, he has also published or co-authored several works in his practice area.
Practice areasFamily law
Child support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Same sex family law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2011, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.fullenweider.com/attorneys/stephen-post/
- Speaker, “Discovery, Spoliation, and Sanctions”, 2019 Advanced On A Shoestring, Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association CLE
- Co-Author, The Truth is More Important Than the Facts: The Consequences of Lying in Family Court, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Chicago, Illinois, November 2011
- Author, Modifications – Navigating the Minefield, HVLP 2012 Family Law Seminar, May 11, 2012
- CALI Awards in Marital Property, Oil, Gas & Mineral Law, and Corporations
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© for work in the area of Family Law, 2019
- Dean’s Honor List, 2008 – 2011
- University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science
- Texas, 2011
Office location for Stephen F. Post
515 Post Oak Blvd
Houston, TX 77027
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2023