Top Rated Alternative Dispute Resolution Attorney in Houston, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2004
Attorney Sylvia Mayer is a top-ranked lawyer, arbitrator, and mediator with nearly 30 years of legal experience. An experienced and highly effective mediator and arbitrator, striving to help parties resolve conflicts in an efficient and cost-effective manner. She offers in-person, online, and hybrid mediation and arbitration.
A leader in her field, a member of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, and a TMCA Credentialed Advanced Mediator, Sylvia Mayer serves on several arbitration and mediation rosters for civil, commercial, consumer, employment, and healthcare disputes, including with AAA, AHLA, CPR, and FINRA. She is also on the Register of Mediators and Arbitrators for the United States Bankruptcy Court in the District of Delaware and the Qualified Alternative Dispute Resolution Provider Roster for the United States District Courts in the Southern District of Texas.
Sylvia Mayer has served as counsel or neutral in hundreds of disputes spanning a breadth of industries, including banking, energy, construction, finance, health care, hospitality, oil field services, real estate, financial services, telecommunications, manufacturing, distribution, oil and gas, transportation, pharmaceutical, partnerships, retail, wholesale, and others.
A 1987 cum laude graduate of Washington University, with a degree in theatre, Ms. Mayer spent several years working in Houston's art community before entering the legal profession. She obtained her J.D., summa cum laude, from the University of Houston Law Center in 1993.
About Sylvia Mayer
First Admitted: 1993, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://smayerlaw.com/attorney/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Founded and lead the Houston Pro Bono Network and Houston Pro Bono Joint Imitative. Both bring together Houston attorneys to expand the reach of pro bono services in Houston.
- Washington University in 1987, cum laude, with a B.A. in Theater
- American Arbitration Association – Commercial Arbitration Panel, Consumer Arbitration Panel, Commercial Mediation Panel, and Employment Mediation Panel
- Texas Mediator Credentialing Association, Credentialed Advanced Mediator
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas, Qualified Alternative Dispute Resolution Provider
- Washington Office of the Insurance Commissioner – Balanced Billing Arbitrator Panel
- Virginia Bureau of Insurance – Balanced Billing Arbitrator Panel
- Texas Department of Insurance – Arbitrator and Mediator Panels
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution (CPR) Panels of Distinguished Neutrals – General Commercial, Health Care and Life Sciences, and Municipal Bankruptcy Arbitrator and Mediator Panels
- Financial Services
- Oil And Gas
- Oil And Gas
- Oilfield Services
- Real Estate
Last Updated: 5/17/2022