Taly Shae Thiessen
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Houston, TX
Taly Shae Thiessen is an attorney with the Thiessen Law Firm in Houston, Texas. A highly rated trial attorney with more than nine years of legal experience, Ms. Thiessen focuses her practice on criminal defense as well as family law, and she delivers exceptional, personalized representation to clients throughout the greater Houston Metro and surrounding areas who are dealing with complex, pressing legal challenges that affect their lives, their families and their very freedom.
Over the course of her legal career, Ms. Thiessen has gained a reputation as a tenacious and formidable trial advocate who always aggressively pursues the most favorable outcomes possible for those she serves. She has become known for her thorough preparedness at trial as well as her straightforward, no-nonsense candor, and she fights hard to help her clients achieve the positive results they expect and deserve, no matter how serious or complex their legal challenges.
Honored for her outstanding professionalism and service, Ms. Thiessen has received top rankings from her peers along with the Bob Black Bar Leaders Award from the Texas Tech Law Alumni Association in 2017. She has also received excellent client reviews on Avvo and other outlets, and she has received many positive testimonials and referrals from those she has served.
After graduating from West Texas A&M University in 2007, Ms. Thiessen attended Texas Tech University School of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 2010. She is admitted to practice before all Texas state courts and the Supreme Court of Texas.
A leader in her legal community, Ms. Thiessen is the current president of the Lubbock Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, and she is a member of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and the State Bar of Texas. She has several publications to her credit, and she has conducted many lectures and seminars across her region on a variety of legal topics.
- 50%Family Law
- 50%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, DUI/DWI
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2022
About Taly Shae Thiessen
First Admitted: 2010, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.thetexastrialattorney.com/the-firm/taly-thiessen...
- Supreme Court of Texas
- Lubbock Bar Association
- Lubbock Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association
Pro bono/Community Service
- Junior League of Lubbock, Paul’s Project, Big Brothers and Big Sisters, and Food2Kids
- West Texas A&M University, cum laude in 2007, B.S. in Mass Communications/Broadcasting
- Bob Black Bar Leaders Award, Texas Tech University , 2017
- For clients, getting to the point of actually going through with a divorce is often a long and bumpy road. However, once the client has scheduled an appointment, driven to your office, sat in your waiting room, and met with you, they likely have already given some thought to the future of their relationship. Some clients inquire about separation, or the first steps for preparing for divorce. Here are some tips for advising clients as they begin the early stages of the divorce process., Helping Clients Navigate the Early Stages of Divorce, Texas Young Lawyers Association , 2018
- Supreme Court of Kansas Law License , 2018
- Another Sunday spent thanking God for the Astros and praying for the Texans. Forgive them father for they have suck… https://t.co/eEJMoJbann
- Not all geniuses are properly recognized in their time. https://t.co/xcfCUdhviC
- The first step toward change is awareness, the second is acceptance. https://t.co/eLQHqskLw4
- Busy pretending we don't treat every day like National Drink Beer Day. https://t.co/SJFGs4aoNq
- The folks at @nettbarhtx know what it is. Still slinging the best steaks (with chimichurri) every Tuesday night. https://t.co/nhjl5iKYfp
Last Updated: 5/15/2022