Toby B. Fullmer
Top rated civil litigation attorney in Houston, TexasTOBY B. FULLMER, L.L.C.
Practice Areas: Civil litigation, Business litigation, Business & corporate; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2004
Education: South Texas College of Law Houston
TOBY B. FULLMER, L.L.C.PO Box 22355
Houston, TX 77227 Visit website
Toby B. Fullmer is the founder of his eponymous limited liability company. Based in Houston, Texas, he represents individual and business clients throughout the state in a variety of matters. Mr. Fullmer has been admitted to practice before all Texas state courts since 2004.
A significant portion of Mr. Fullmer's practice involves business law. In this regard, he has represented entrepreneurs who are thinking about starting a new venture. At the outset, Mr. Fullmer advises them as to the most appropriate type of legal entity, and after the business has been formed, he prepares applicable contracts and agreements, assists them in financing and other transactions, and advocates on their behalf in court if a business dispute cannot be resolved through negotiations.
Mr. Fullmer also has extensive experience in personal injury and wrongful death litigation, representing people who have incurred economic and noneconomic losses as a result of the negligence of other persons or entities. The cases that he has handled in this area have arisen out of incidents involving motor vehicle crashes and defective products, and he has been able to obtain significant compensation through both jury awards and negotiated settlements. This has led to his becoming a member of both the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Mr. Fullmer's successful track record has led to a great deal of other recognition as well. He has received a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo, and he has been included on several occasions in H Texas Magazine's annual Top Lawyers list. Mr. Fullmer attended the University of Houston as an undergraduate, where he majored in political science and received a Bachelor of Arts. He then obtained his legal education at South Texas College of Law Houston and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 2003.
Practice areasCivil litigation: plaintiff, Business litigation, Business/corporate
Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Contracts, Business organizations
- 20% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 40% Business litigation
- 40% Business/corporate
First Admitted: 2004, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://fullmerlegal.com/attorney-bio/
- Sunday School teacher at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church
- University of Houston with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science
- Since 2004, Toby has handled numerous major cases resulting in verdicts and/or settlements, which combined exceed $20 million. Whether a business dispute, a defective product, or a tragic death resulting from the negligent conduct of another person or company, Toby has vigorously fought for the rights of his clients.
- The cab of most heavy trucks are manufactured without any type of rollover protectivesystem (ROPS) or protective cage. Heavy truck cab structures are often made of flimsy fiberglass,with little or no metal to provide added reinforcement to the roof structure. Experts in the field –including many within the heavy truck industry – believe that such flimsy structures are, at their best,only capable of keeping dust and rain off of the drivers.beyond such innocuous elements. When these trucks are involved in rollover events, the roof simply snaps at the joints and collapses., Heavy Truck Crashworthiness, Heavy Truck Litigation, 2009
- , Texas Bar Foundation - Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation, 2020
- , Houston's Top Lawyer for Business Law and Business Litigation, H Texas Magazine, 2021
- , Life Member: Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2013
- Houstonia Magazine awarded Toby in 2015-2018 as a “Best of Houstonia: Top Lawyer.”
- Life Member in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum as well as the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2013
- Avvo Rating 10 out of 10 as Top Business Attorney
- Rising Star, Texas Monthly Super Lawyer, 2011
- Houston's Best Lawyer, Houstonia Magazine, 2015
- 2001-2003, Dean's List
- Civil Litigation, Houston's Top Lawyer, H Magazine, 2013
- Lifetime Charter Member, Best Attorneys of America, Rue Ratings, 2015
- Civil Litigation, Houston's Top Lawyers for the People, H Texas Magazine, 2009
- Civil Litigation, Houston's Top Lawyer, H Texas Magazine, 2014
- O&G Services
Office location for Toby B. Fullmer
PO Box 22355
Houston, TX 77227
- Super Lawyers: 2023
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2014