Tyrone C. Moncriffe
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Houston, TexasTyrone C. Moncriffe & Associates
Practice Areas: Criminal defense; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1983
With over 30 years of experience, attorney Tyrone C. Moncriffe has focused his career on passionately defending the rights of others. Through his law firm, Tyrone C. Moncriffe & Associates, located in Houston, Texas, Mr. Moncriffe has provided top-quality legal counsel to his clients with legal issues related to drug crimes, theft, aggravated robbery, arson, assault, unlawful weapons possession, car-jacking, capital murder/murder, kidnapping and domestic violence.
After graduating magna cum laude from Texas Southern University in 1978, Mr. Moncriffe attended Thurgood Marshall School of Law in Houston where he received his law degree in 1982. Since then, he has led an incredibly successful and distinguished career as evidenced by his many certifications, awards and accolades.
Along with being board-certified in criminal law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, attorney Moncriffe is also certified for first chair in death penalty cases in Harris County. As a skilled presenter and storyteller, Mr. Moncriffe has often lectured on effective trial presentations. In fact, he was recently voted one of the favorite speakers at the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Seminar.
In 2013, attorney Moncriffe was voted one of the Top 50 Black Attorneys in Houston as well as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the nation. In 2015, he received a presidential award for his work with the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association. The National Association of Distinguished Counsel voted him in the Nation's Top One Percent, and he was voted Best Attorney charter member of 2015.
H-Texas Best Lawyers from 2008 - 2020.
Mr. Moncriffe was recently voted to the " Best Lawyers in America" in 2016 - 2021.
Tyrone Moncriffe was voted "Lawyer of the Year 2017" by the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association.
Received the "Atticus Finch Award" from Fort Bend Criminal Defense Attorneys Association in 2019.
Received "Best Lawyer of the Year Award" by Best Lawyers in 2021.
Practice areasCriminal defense
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Probation, Sex offenses, Theft, Criminal domestic violence
- 100% Criminal defense
First Admitted: 1983, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.tyronemoncriffe.com/
- Criminal Law Specialist, 1996-Present
- Board Certified in Criminal Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, 1998-Present
- Certified Specialist Capital Murder - 1st Chair Harris County
- Press Release - Alum Tyrone Moncriffe Names Top Professional
- Book Feature - It's Your Time to Shine! - Pg. 37
- Speaker at the Ohio Bar Associate Superstar Seminar and the DUI/DWI Seminar in Las Vegas Nevada
- Lecturer, TCDLA/HCCLA Indigent Defense Advanced Criminal Law Seminar, 2013
- Lecturer, Center for American and International Law - 2004-Present
- University of Houston Lecturer / Storytelling
- Houston Bar Association / Storytelling
- Storytelling & the Art of Persuasion - The Champion Magazine
- Texas Southern University, Honors: magna cum laude
- Faculty Member, Criminal Defense Institute
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association (HCCLA)
- Presidential Award by TCDLA President Lydia C. Jackson, 2015
- Trail Blazer Award by Harris County Black Criminal Lawyers, 2015
- Voted for the 10th year in a row as a Super Lawyer
- Voted one of the Best Speakers of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers 2010 & 2011
- Voted **Top 50 Black Attorneys 2013-14**
- National Top One Percent Lawyers, 2015
- Voted **Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the Nation 2013-14**
- Awarded One of the Top Attorneys in Texas, 2011
- Voted as one of the favorite speakers at the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Seminar in May
- "Best Attorney" charter member, 2015
- Super Lawyers 2006 - 2014
- Community Hero Award by D - Mars Association, 2014
Office location for Tyrone C. Moncriffe
1001 Texas Avenue
Houston, TX 77002
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022