W. Lance Stodghill
Top rated Tax attorney in Houston, TexasStodghill & Allie, LLP
Practice Areas: Tax; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1997
Education: University of Houston Law Center
Stodghill & Allie, LLP2002 Hoskins Dr
Houston, TX 77080 Visit website
A partner at Stodghill & Allie, LLP, in Houston, Texas, W. Lance Stodghill is an adept and formidable tax attorney, helping his clients in their appeals and collection matters before the IRS and federal courts. A former chief counsel at the IRS, he is knowledgeable in the inner workings of the government organization and prepares his clients for every situation that they face.
Licensed to practice in Texas and before the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas, Mr. Stodghill has 20-plus years of experience handling complex tax cases, and often giving his clients – both corporations and individuals – the advice and guidance they need to get ahead of their respective legal issues. He is upfront with his clients and keeps them informed every step of the way.
In 1993, Mr. Stodghill graduated with his B.A. degree from the University of New Orleans and pursued higher education at the University of Houston. Around the same time, he studied law at the University of Houston Law Center, receiving both his MBA and his J.D. in 1997. Now, to give back to his community, he serves as an adjunct professor at the South Texas College of Law Houston teaching a course on federal tax procedure.
Mr. Stodghill stays active in his legal community through his affiliations with the American Bar Association’s Tax Section and the Stonewall Law Association of Greater Houston. At the Houston Bar Association, he is part of the Taxation Section, the AIDS Outreach Committee and the Entertainment and Sports Law Section. Furthermore, he is an author and conducts regular speaking engagements on a variety of tax-related matters.
Practice areasTax: Business, Tax: Consumer
- 70% Tax: Business
- 30% Tax: Consumer
First Admitted: 1997, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.sataxlaw.com/w-lance-stodghill/
- Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 641.
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Masters of Business Administration, 1997
- Pro bono advisor to non-profit neighborhood association and to non-profit first responder charity., 2022
- American Bar Association Tax Section, Member, 2022
- HBA Tax Section - Council Member, 2022
- Stonewall Law Association of Greater Houston
- Tax Law 2022: Practicing Law in Uncertain Times, Texas Bar CLE (2022)., Author and Presenter, Common Tax Issues in Divorce and How to Read Form 1040 to Discover Assets, 2022
- Houston Paralegal Association Advanced CLE Paralegal Conference (2022)., Author and Presenter, More Tax Problems of the Rich and Famous 2022 Edition, 2022
- Presentation for real estate agents sponsored by Sente Mortgage (2019)., Author and Presenter, My Property Has A Federal Tax Lien – HELP! , 2019
- Houston Paralegal Association Advanced CLE Paralegal Conference (2021)., Author and Presenter, Tax Problems of the Rich and Famous 2021 Edition, 2021
- Handling Your First (or Next) Tax Case webcast, Texas Bar CLE (2021), Author and Presenter, Common Tax Issues/Cases You Should Know, 2021
- Consumer Focused Bankruptcy Program, Houston Volunteer Lawyers (2019)., Author and Presenter, Collections Alternatives and Ethical Issues of Tax Representation – Joint Representation & Circular 230, 2019
- Houston Bar Association CLE (2019)., Author and Presenter, Tax Problems of the Rich and Famous 2019 Edition, 2019
- Houston Bar Association, Entertainment and Sports Law Section (2018)., Author and Presenter, Tax Problems of the Rich and Famous, 2018
- Texas Society of Enrolled Agents - Greater Houston Chapter CE (2018)., Author and Presenter, Offer in Compromise - Effective Tax Administration and Special Circumstances, 2018
- Texas Society of Enrolled Agents - Greater Houston Chapter CE (2017)., Author and Presenter, All Things Collection (IRS) - The Fun Begins, 2017
- Nuts and Bolts of Handling a Pro Bono Case in US Tax Court, Houston Volunteer Lawyers (2016)., Author and Presenter, IRS Collection Issues After Tax Court, 2016
- Texas Society of Enrolled Agents - Greater Houston Chapter CE (2015)., Author and Presenter, IRS Issues After the Return is Filed, 2015
- Texas Society of Enrolled Agents - Greater Houston Chapter CE (2015)., Author and Presenter, The IRS Before, During and After Marriage, 2014
- The Tax Adviser; May 2008, Author, The Qualified Offer: The Taxpayer's 90-Day Letter;, 2008
Office location for W. Lance Stodghill
2002 Hoskins Dr
Houston, TX 77080
- Rising Stars: 2009 - 2011