William M. Stradley
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Houston, TexasStradley Law Firm PC
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1990
Education: South Texas College of Law Houston
Stradley Law Firm PC1545 Heights Blvd
Houston, TX 77008 Visit website
Native Houstonian, William M. “Bill” Stradley has been helping businesses, individuals, families with criminal law matters in state and federal courts for 30 years. He is Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Mr. Stradley handles felonies and misdemeanors of all levels of complexity in Houston and the surrounding area, and difficult cases throughout Texas. His firm, Stradley Law Firm, PC, is a boutique, low-volume practice with a focus on making clients feel confident and relieved that they hired him as their attorney.
Mr. Stradley frequently consults with civil firms and individuals on the complex problem solving of potential criminal liability issues.
Finding clients the right help can be a challenge when potential criminal law liability intersects with issues like PR, privacy, civil liability, immigration, family law, CPS, computers, mental health, addiction, and education rules. Mr. Stradley excels at providing personable, professional representation tailored to specific clients’ concerns, situations, and resources.
The quickest way to contact Bill Stradley is by phone. He can assess whether he is the right person to handle a specific matter, set up an in-person meeting, and determine the next steps. He looks to put people at ease, but at the same time, speaking plainly about potential options.
Sometimes his early intervention and communication in a situation can avoid charges or make defending a matter easier at time of trial. He is hired for his common-sense judgment, expertise, and experience.
He understands being the target of a criminal investigation or arrest is stressful, and he does not want the process of hiring a lawyer to add to that stress. He looks to do everything he can to help clients through this difficult experience.
His office is conveniently located on Heights Boulevard in the Houston Heights, has ample and free parking, and access to the building is via stairs or an elevator.
Mr. Stradley has been recognized by his peers for his professionalism, ethics, and skill in his field. He holds a perfect 10 rating from his peers through Avvo and has been rated as AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
A former Assistant District Attorney and Chief Prosecutor in the Harris County District Attorney Office in Houston, he learned the prosecutor’s perspective and uses those skills to assist his clients. He is a frequent speaker on criminal defense issues to both lawyers and non-lawyers.
Practice areasCriminal Defense
Arrest & Arraignment, Criminal Law, False Accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Sex Offenses
- 100% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 1990, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.stradleylaw.com/about-stradley-law/bill-stradley...
- Continuing Legal Education Course, Speaker, "Handling High Profile Cases: Considerations When Dealing with the Media", Houston Bar Association
- Continuing Legal Education Course, Speaker, "The Intersection of Criminal Law and Family Law", Highlights: Family Law Year in Review 2019
- Continuing Legal Education Course., Speaker, "Tips on Jury Selection", South Texas Trial Advocacy Course
- Informational Talk, Speaker, "Criminal Pitfalls: How Teens Can Avoid Trouble", Memorial High School Junior Class
- Informational Talk, Speaker, "Marijuana and Alcohol Laws in Texas: How They Can Affect Kids and Parents", Stratford High School Parent Teacher Student Association
- Continuing Legal Education Course, Speaker, "Jury Selection in Sexual Assault Cases", Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association
- Continuing Legal Education Course, Speaker, "The Nuts and Bolts of Handling Sexual Assault Cases", Harris County Public Defenders In-House Training
- Bill Stradley is Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (TBLS). The TBLS was created in 1974 by the Texas Supreme Court to help consumers identify lawyers who are specialized in a particular area of law. To become Board Certified in Criminal Law, a lawyer must have substantial, relevant experience and tested competence in criminal law.
- Member and Chairperson, State Bar of Texas, Commission on Lawyer Discipline, Grievance Committee Panel, 2013-2019
- Lamar High School, President of his High School Class
- University of Texas, Economics, 1987
- AVVO Listing, Perfect 10 Rating
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Texas Super Lawyers, Criminal Defense Law, Super Lawyers is a Thomson Reuters service, dates 2012-present
- Board of Directors, Harris County STAR Drug Court Foundation
Office location for William M. Stradley
1545 Heights Blvd
Houston, TX 77008
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023