Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Irving, TX
Selected to Rising Stars: 2013 - 2015
Attorney Edith Thomas is the founder and principal of the Law Offices of Edith K. Thomas, PLLC, in Fort Worth, Texas. Board-certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and possessing more than 15 years of legal experience, Ms. Thomas devotes her practice solely to employment law. She serves the rights and interests of plaintiff clients throughout the greater Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and surrounding areas who have legal issues involving any of the following:
- All types of employment discrimination
- Sexual harassment
- Wage theft
- Overtime and pay issues
- Whistleblower protections
- FMLA and leave issues
- Work-related disability issues
- Other serious violations of workers' rights
No matter the issues her clients are facing, Ms. Thomas delivers highly personalized counsel to help them understand and assess their rights. At all turns, she provides exceptional advocacy and support to those she serves in order to help them resolve their conflicts and to significantly increase the odds of obtaining the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Well-versed in all areas of employment law, Ms. Thomas has significant experience handling matters involving the Texas Commission on Human Rights Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Equal Pay Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Moreover, she has represented her clients with their claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the Dodd-Frank Act as well as the Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the National Labor Relations Act.
A 1997 graduate of the University of Texas, Ms. Thomas attended Tulane University Law School, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 2004. She holds her license to practice in Maryland and Washington, D.C., as well as Texas, and she is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas.
Highly active in her legal community, Ms. Thomas is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the Dallas Bar Association, the Texas Employment Lawyers Association, Texas Trial Lawyers Association and the College of the State Bar of Texas.
- 30%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 60%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10%Estate Planning & Probate
Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Labor Law, Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2015
Certificates and Credentials
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Labor and Employment Law
About Edith Thomas
First Admitted: 2004, Maryland
Professional Webpage: https://www.yourlawyeratwork.com/about-attorney
- Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2014
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2013-2015
Pro bono/Community Service
- Texas Employment Lawyers' Association -- Board Member
- University of Texas at Austin, 1997
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- District of Columbia
- Washington, D.C.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022