Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Kerrville, TexasCraig Wolcott, PLLC Attorney at Law
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Estate Planning & Probate, Business Litigation; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1983
Education: South Texas College of Law Houston
Craig Wolcott, PLLC Attorney at Law222 Sidney Baker South
Kerrville, TX 78028 Visit website
Peer-review rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell, attorney Craig Wolcott is the owner of his eponymous law firm with its principal office in Kerrville and a branch in Rocksprings, Texas. He concentrates his practice on personal injury along with wills, trusts and estate planning, and takes up cases from regions across Hill County, Kerr County, Gillespie County, Bandera County and Comal County. He is a board-certified attorney in civil trial law and personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
A lifelong resident of Texas, Mr. Wolcott was born in Houston and attended public schools in the area. He majored in finance and secured a bachelor’s degree in business administration in 1976 from The University of Texas at Austin. In 1982, he graduated from the South Texas College of Law Houston with his doctorate in jurisprudence.
Mr. Wolcott joined as an associate at a private firm right after completing his law degree and climbed the career ladder to be a partner and shareholder at the firm within a few years. Here, he worked on a variety of personal injury cases including wrongful deaths and serious injuries caused due to the negligent actions of others. He honed his skills in resolving complex cases of automobile accidents, premises liability and product liability. In addition, he has experience advocating on behalf of small businesses, professionals and Fortune 500 companies as well.
Representing personal injury cases before the state and federal courts for close to three decades, Mr. Wolcott established his own firm Craig Wolcott, PLLC, in 2012. With a total of 40 years of committed legal service, he has earned an “Excellent” rating on Avvo. He is an integral part of the Texas legal community and has affiliations with several prominent legal associations. He is a life member of the Texas Bar Foundation and the Houston Bar Foundation.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Estate Planning & Probate, Business Litigation, General Litigation
Estate Planning, Litigation, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Probate & Estate Administration, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Trusts, Wills, Wrongful Death
- 50% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30% Estate Planning & Probate
- 10% Business Litigation
- 10% General Litigation
First Admitted: 1983, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.craigwolcott.com/biography.html
- Plaintiff's personal injury verdict for a three-vehicle (truck-car-tractor) crash was received in Fredericksburg, Gillespie County, Texas in July 2022
- Recognized in 2012, 2014-2016, 2020-2022, Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters
- Life Fellow: Texas Bar Foundation; Life Fellow: Houston Bar Foundation; Board Member: South Texas College of Law Alumni Association, 2005-2012; Member: State Bar of Texas District 4C Grievance Committee, 1994-1999; State Bar of Texas Jury Service Committee, 2001-2010; Houston Bar Association Fee Dispute Committee, 1999-2012; Kerr County Bar Association; State Bar of Texas, 1983-present
- University of Texas - BBA, Finance, 1976
- Board Certified, Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization; Board Certified, Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2001
- Craig and Debra Wolcott were recognized in the Texas Bar Journal, March 2010 issue, article "Saving the Past", for the preservation of the Historic Rocksprings Hotel, of Rocksprings, Texas, 2010
- Wills, Medical Power of Attorney, Statutory Durable Power of Attorney (Financial), Directive to Physicians and Family or Surrogates, and Authorizations to Disclose Protected Health Information prepared, 2022
- Civil Litigation
Office location for Craig Wolcott
222 Sidney Baker South
Kerrville, TX 78028
- Super Lawyers: 2012, 2014 - 2016, 2020 - 2023