Craig W. Carlson
Top rated personal injury attorney in Killeen, TexasThe Carlson Law Firm
As managing partner at The Carlson Law Firm, Craig W. Carlson brings decades of experience fighting for his clients in cases involving personal injury, military law, product liability and mass torts in the Killeen, Texas, area. His time in the military has given him a working knowledge of military law, but he is also adept in handling civilian trials throughout the state. He has experience with mass torts and medical malpractice cases across the country.
Mr. Carlson received his bachelor's degree from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 1986. He went on to earn his Juris Doctor from the Nebraska College of Law in 1989. The same year, he became licensed to practice law in Nebraska. He enlisted in the United States Army JAG Corps, serving as a claims officer, prosecutor, and trial defense officer from 1989 to 1994, and shortly after, he became licensed to practice law in Texas. Mr. Carlson is admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces and the United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
Widely recognized by his peers, Mr. Carlson has earned an AV Preeminent* rating through Martindale-Hubbell. He additionally holds a "Superb" rating from his peers through Avvo. Having represented clients in cases resulting in substantial settlements and awards, Mr. Carlson is a member of both the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
In order to continually improve his practice, Mr. Carlson participates as a member of multiple legal organizations, including the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice, and the American, Bell County and Fort Hood bar associations. He is additionally a member of the Christian Legal Society, the Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, L.L.C., and the Association of the United States Army.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Class action/mass torts: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Class actions, Toxic torts, Motor vehicle defects, Medical devices, Pharmaceutical
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 30% Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
- 30% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1989, Nebraska
Professional Webpage: https://www.carlsonattorneys.com/team-member/craig-carlson
- University of Nebraska at Lincoln, B.A.S
- Christian Legal Society, Member
- Killeen-Heights Rotary Club, President, 2001 - 2002
- Greater Fort Hood Area United Way, President
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Bell County Bar Association, Member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Association of the United States Army, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Fort Hood Bar Association, Member
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, Member
- , What is a personal injury claim?, 2020
Office location for Craig W. Carlson
100 E Central Texas Expy
Killeen, TX 76541
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022