R. Daniel Sorey
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Kingwood, TexasSorey & Hoover, LLP
Attorney R. Daniel Sorey is the founder of The Sorey Law Firm P.L.L.C., located in Longview, Texas. Licensed to practice in Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and New Mexico, Mr. Sorey represents clients in each of those states with their legal challenges involving personal injury and wrongful death claims resulting from the negligent, careless or unlawful acts of others.
Highly rated and widely regarded as one of the top personal injury attorneys in the region, Mr. Sorey delivers the personalized assistance and compassionate support his clients deserve while aggressively fighting on behalf of their rights and entitlements to help them recover the maximum amount possible for the damages and losses they sustained as well as for their pain and suffering.
In 1988, Mr. Sorey earned his Bachelor of Business Administration from Northeast Louisiana University. While pursuing his degree, he was part of the school's 1987 I-AA national championship football team. In 1996, he received his Master of Business Administration from the university.
Before attending law school, Mr. Sorey worked for nearly 10 years as a parole agent for Jefferson Parish in Louisiana and as a police officer for the city of Monroe. He then enrolled at Baylor Law School and obtained his Juris Doctor in 2003.
That same year, the State Bar of Texas admitted him to practice, and in 2004, he received his license from both the Arkansas Bar Association and the Louisiana State Bar Association. The State Bar of New Mexico admitted him in 2005, and he is also admitted to practice before many federal courts throughout the country, including the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Texas, the Western District of Louisiana and the District of New Mexico, as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
A consummate professional, Mr. Sorey is a member of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association and The Honorable T. John Ward American Inn of Court. He is also a member of the American Association for Justice and the New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association, among others.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Business Litigation
Construction Accident, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 80% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Business Litigation
First Admitted: 2003, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://soreylaw.com/dan-sorey
- Member, New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
- District of New Mexico
- Member, T. John Ward American Inn of Court
- Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Eastern District of Texas
- Western District of Louisiana
- Member, State Bar of New Mexico
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Arkansas Bar Association
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member, Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Mexico
- Member, Spring Hill Dixie Youth baseball board
- Vice President, Longview Lobo Football booster club
- Football Coach, Spring Hill Youth Football Association
- President, Spring Hill High School Athletic Booster Club
- Northeast Louisiana University (NLU), B.B.A., 1988, Member, 1987 I-AA National Championship team
- Northeast Louisiana University (NLU), M.B.A., 1996
- Associate Judge, City of Longview, 2015
- Board Certified Personal Injury Trial Lawyer. Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2019
Office location for R. Daniel Sorey
2300 Green Oak Dr
Kingwood, TX 77339
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2013
Certificates and credentials
Personal Injury Trial Law