William F. Neal
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Lewisville, TX
Bill Neal handles the most complex family law cases but his approach is very simple: protect the client at every turn. Sometimes that means delicate settlement negotiations; other times it’s fighting a court battle. In every situation, Bill is aggressive and thorough and he represents every client with the same unwavering dedication. He concentrates his practice on family law, handling matters involving divorce, including high-asset divorce, custody, modifications and probate litigation. He serves clients in Lewisville, Denton and Flower Mound as well as throughout Collin, Dallas and Denton counties.
Mr. Neal has more than 45 years of experience litigating complex family law matters. He enjoys sharing his acquired legal knowledge and authoring articles on various family law topics and has previously spoken at seminars and conferences. In recognition of his contributions to the legal profession, he is AV Preeminent* peer-review rated through Martindale-Hubbell, and he is included on the Best Lawyers peer review list in the area of family law.
Active in various professional organizations, Mr. Neal is a member of the Denton County Bar Association, the Dallas Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas, the Denton County Collaborative Lawyers Association and the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists. He is a former volunteer with the Anne Stewart American Inn of Court and the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists.
Mr. Neal earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Arizona and received his law degree from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, graduating in the top 10 percent of his class. He holds a license to practice law before all Texas state courts and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas. He is Board Certified n Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About William F. Neal
First Admitted: 1973, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.northtexasdivorcelawyers.com/people/william-f-ne...
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2009-2020
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Family Law, 1993
- AV Rated under the Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rating System
- Best Lawyers, Family Law
- University of Arizona, Listed in Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities
- University of Arizona, President of his Senior class
- University of Arizona, Two time President of his Chapter of the Sigma Chi Men's Fraternity
- University of Arizona, Member of Sophos, Chain Gang, and Bobcats Men's Honoraries
- AV Rated - based on a peer review system that reflects a Lawyer's Integrity and Ability
- Know the “Legal Lingo” of Child Custody
- Your Job as Executor of an Estate
- Southwestern Law Journal, Research Editor, 1972 - 1973
- Retirement Lost! Yes, It Can Happen.
- Equal Possession (50/50) does not Equal No Child Support
- Protecting Yourself with a Protective Order in Cases of Domestic Violence
- Discovering And Valuing Concealed Property and Income (With Michael Gregory), 2002 UT Family On The Front Lines Conference, Galveston, Texas
- "Health Issues in Family Law: health insurance, COBRA, life insurance", Advanced Family Law Seminar, Co-Author and Lecturer, 2003
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona Honors: President of his Senior class Honors: Member of Sophos, Chain Gang, and Bobcats Men's honoraries Honors: Listed in Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities Honors: Two time President of his chapter of the Sigma Chi men's fraternity Honors: Graduated with honors, BA, 1973
Other Outstanding Achievements
- In 2009 and 2013, Neal volunteered with the Texas Family Law Foundation serving as a nonpartisan educational resource for family law related bills in the Texas Legislature
- AV-rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Texas, 1973
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1973
- Member, Denton Bar Association
- Member of the Annette Stewart Inns of Court
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1973
- Member, Denton County Collaborative Lawyers Association
- Member, Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1973
- Member, State Bar of Texas, the Family Law Section
- Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Family Law
- Court is more of a process than a place, which breaks down into several sub-categories. A grouping that also includ… https://t.co/rcif6t4xI8
- Who is a fit parent in Texas? https://t.co/blD7hyz66x via @nealashmore
- You may have excellent reasons for being frustrated with your co-parent. But it is far better to speak with an atto… https://t.co/lxZ1XEWYOR
- If your spouse is violent, controlling or abusive, here are some warning signs, and the steps you should take to p… https://t.co/ODmmmqKBWg
Last Updated: 5/15/2022