Douglas C. Monsour
Top rated Products Liability attorney in Longview, TexasMonsour Law Firm
DOUGLAS C. MONSOUR
Douglas C. Monsour, or Doug Monsour, is a trial lawyer who handles important and significant injury cases in Texas and across the nation. He is one of a handful of trial lawyers who have successfully tried multiple pharmaceutical, medical device, and mass tort product liability cases as the lead lawyer. He also vigorously represents injured oil field workers, victims of 18-wheeler wrecks, industrial accident victims, and those that have been severely burned.
Doug is known for his abilities in the courtroom. Recently, Doug secured two major trial victories in the 3M Combat Arms version 2 earplug litigation. On December 10, 2021, a Tallahassee, Florida Federal Court jury awarded U.S. Army veteran T.J. Finley $22.5 million for hearing loss suffered due to his defective Combat Arms version 2 earplugs. A few months later, on April 29, 2022, a Federal Court jury in Gainesville, Florida awarded $2.2 million to U.S. Army veteran Jonathan Vaughn for his hearing loss suffered from wearing the defective Combat Arms version 2 earplugs. The Finley v. 3M verdict was listed by The National Law Journal as one of the Top 100 verdicts of 2021. In fact, this verdict was the very first verdict in the entire 3M litigation to ever make the Top 100 list. Both trials were defended by international law firm Kirkland & Ellis.
Previously, in November 2014, Doug served as the lead lawyer in a transvaginal mesh case involving four women implanted with the Obtryx sling system to treat stress urinary incontinence. After an almost month-long trial, the jury returned a verdict for the plaintiffs in the amount of $18.5 million. This was the first verdict against Boston Scientific in the Federal Multi-District Litigation (MDL) for any of its incontinence sling products.(Wilson et al v. Boston Scientific Corp., WV, MDL 2326).
In 2004, Doug's trial skills were tested by pharmaceutical giant Wyeth. He served as lead lawyer in two very significant Fen-Phen cases. In the first case, Wyeth hired world famous defense lawyer Dan Webb of Chicago's legal Goliath, Winston & Strawn, to defend them. In the third week of the trial, Wyeth relented and settled for a confidential sum. In the second case, Wyeth retained Houston mega-firm Vinson & Elkins to defend them. Wyeth again relented, and just before closing arguments settled for a confidential sum.
In addition to these trials, Doug has tried over thirty cases of various types including oil field injuries, defective drugs, defective medical devices, medical malpractice, trucking (18-wheeler) wrecks, industrial accidents, car wrecks, civil rights and malicious prosecution.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Products: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Pharmaceutical, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 80% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 20% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1994, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://monsourlawfirm.com/doug-monsour/
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum in 2000. In 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, and 2009
- President, East Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Northeast Texas Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Northern Districts of Texas
- Texas, 1994
- Member, Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas
- Member, Gregg County Bar Association
- Plaintiff’s Liaison Committee for Fen-Phen Region 1, Facto Leader for all Fen-Phen cases in Northeast Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- Member, East Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Executive Board of Editors of the Texas Tech Law Review
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2000
- Rice University, B.A. in Political Science, Economics, 1991
- Speaker, Pharmaceutical Update, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 2010
- Speaker, Pharmaceutical Litigation, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 2009
Office location for Douglas C. Monsour
404 North Green Street
Longview, TX 75606
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2004, 2007 - 2009