Top rated civil litigation attorney in Lubbock, TexasJim Hund PC
Practice Areas: Civil litigation, Appellate, Alternative dispute resolution; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1983
Education: Baylor Law School
Jim Hund centers his practice around civil trial matters involving appellate law, commercial litigation, and injury litigation. Mr. Hund has over 50 published appellate decisions. During the four decades of his legal career, he has tried numerous civil trials.
With his knowledge and logical attitude, Mr. Hund puts all of his efforts into achieving success for every client he works for. This dedication has manifested itself in an impressive track record of success. He ensures frequent communication with each client – no matter how small or big they are or the severity of their case.
After attending Texas Christian University, Mr. Hund pursued his legal education at Baylor Law School in Waco, Texas, where he was the associate editor of Baylor Law Review. He received his Juris Doctor cum laude followed by his Texas legal license in 1983.
Mr. Hund is a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. He is also a life fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation and the former director of the Lubbock County Young Lawyers Association. For efficiently serving the Texas Young Lawyers Association as a director, he was awarded the Outstanding Director Award from the organization. In 2005, he was honored to be inducted into the American College of Trial Lawyers.
Additionally, Mr. Hund has functioned as a special counsel for the State Bar of Texas – Commission for Lawyer Discipline in 1996 and as the program director of its Advanced Medical Malpractice Seminar. Acknowledging his services, the State Bar of Texas bestowed him with the President's Award, the Outstanding Young Lawyer in Lubbock Award and the Joseph M. Pritchard Inn Award. He has also worked as an adjunct professor of law at the Texas Tech University School of Law.
Practice areasCivil litigation: plaintiff, Appellate, Alternative dispute resolution
- 70% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 20% Appellate
- 10% Alternative dispute resolution
First Admitted: 1983, Texas
- Fellow American College of Trial Lawyers; Life Fellow Texas Bar Foundation
- Texas Christian University, Baylor University Law School (J.D., Cum Laude, 1983) Baylor Law Review, Associate Editor, Board of Barristers
- State Bar of Texas President's Award (1999), Outstanding Young Lawyer in Lubbock (1988), Joseph M. Pritchard Inn Award (1991); Outstanding Director - Texas Young Lawyer's Association (1990)
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Texas Tech University School of Law (1991-1993); Treasurer - Texas Young Lawyers Association (1991-1992), Director - Texas Young Lawyers Association (1989-1991), Director - Lubbock County Young Lawyers Association (1986-1988)
- Program Director, State Bar of Texas Advanced Medical Malpractice, 2007
- Civil Trial Law; and Civil Appellate Law.
- Personal Injury Law
Office location for Jim Hund
PO Box 53415
Lubbock, TX 79453-3415
- Super Lawyers: 2003 - 2020