John B. Baldwin
Top Rated Products Liability Attorney in Marshall, TX
Attorney John B. Baldwin is a partner with Baldwin & Baldwin LLP law firm in Marshall, Texas. A top-ranked and award-winning trial lawyer with more than 35 years of experience, Mr. Baldwin provides exceptional counsel and support to clients throughout Marshall and surrounding areas who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Plaintiff personal injury
· Wrongful death
· Product liability
· Intellectual property litigation
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Baldwin has achieved remarkable success helping his plaintiff injury clients obtain the maximum amount of compensation they deserve following a preventable accident caused by someone else's negligence. He has also assisted numerous business owners, inventors and others in protecting their rights and interests regarding their important ideas and innovations, and he has gained a reputation as a staunch advocate for his clients both inside and outside the courtroom.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and superior client service, Mr. Baldwin is AV Preeminent peer-review rated* through Martindale-Hubbell and has many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also achieved the status of fellow with the International Society of Barristers, the International Academy of Trial Lawyers and the National Trial Lawyers Association.
A leader in his field, Mr. Baldwin has also served as advocate and president of the East Texas Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, and he has conducted numerous lectures and continuing legal education seminars across his region on trial advocacy and other subjects. He also serves on the board of governors of the American Association for Justice, and he has served as chair of several of the organization's committees. He is also the director of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Baldwin is an active member of the American Bar Association, the Consumer Attorneys of California, the Southern and East Texas Trial Lawyers Association, and other local, state and national legal organizations. He is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum for having secured many verdicts well in excess of a million dollars.
A 1982 graduate of Texas Christian University, Mr. Baldwin obtained his Juris Doctor in 1985 from South Texas College of Law, and the State Bar of Texas admitted him to practice that same year.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Intellectual Property Litigation
Motor Vehicle Defects, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2015
Certificates and Credentials
About John B. Baldwin
First Admitted: 1985, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.baldwinlaw.com/ourpeople_jackbaldwin.php
- Texas Bar, November 1985
- The Melvin Belli Society
- The Joe Tonahill Society
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association
- East Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- American Bar Association
- Director, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 1994-present
- Chair, American Association for Justice [AAJ], 1997-2000
- Past Chair of the AAJ Student Trial Advocacy Competition Committee [STAC], American Association for Justice [AAJ]
- Chair, American Association for Justice [AAJ], 1994-1995
- Past Chair of the AAJ New Lawyers Division, American Association for Justice [AAJ]
- Board of Governors, American Association for Justice [AAJ], 2005 - Present
- Member, National Trial Lawyers Association, 2011
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2011
- Fellow, International Society of Barristers, 1999
- President East Texas Chapter, American Board of Trial Advocates, 2008
- Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates, 1995
- Board of Governors, Texas Trial Lawyers
- Texas Christian University, B.A., Fine Arts, 1982
- , Recipient of the AAJ Outstanding Young Trial Lawyer Award, American Association for Justice [AAJ], 1994
- Texas Super Lawyers, 2011
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubble
- , Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Last Updated: 5/15/2022