Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Mcallen, TX
- Free Consultation
A former certified public accountant, Omar Ochoa is the founder of The Omar Ochoa Law Firm and has been recognized by many for his successful career representing clients in McAllen, Texas. His legal practice is focused on class action litigation, business litigation, insurance litigation, construction defects litigation, maritime injury litigation, product liability, personal injury, property contamination and whistleblower litigation.
At the University of Texas at Austin, Mr. Ochoa earned his undergraduate degree while focusing his studies on economics, accounting and business administration. He then earned a Master of Professional Accounting and worked on the financial analysis team for the chief financial officer of General Motors. After a successful career as a senior financial analyst, he earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Texas School of Law at Austin.
While in law school, Mr. Ochoa was the Texas Law Review’s editor-in-chief and won a moot court national championship. In 2011, he was admitted to practice in the state of Texas after completing federal clerkships with two of the top judges in the United States. During his career as a lawyer fighting for the everyday worker, he has recovered millions of dollars for multinational companies, mid-sized business owners and individuals.
One of Mr. Ochoa’s major successes involved a conspiracy within the automotive parts industry that led to suffering for many car buyers. The suit included parts sold to companies, including Ford, Honda and Toyota, and greatly affected many buyers in the United States. The recovery in this case is currently the largest in the country’s history for indirect purchasers in the Auto Parts Antitrust Litigation field.
About Omar Ochoa
First Admitted: 2011, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://omarochoalaw.com/about/omar-ochoa/
- Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement by a Young Lawyer Award from the American Antitrust Institute at a ceremony in Washington, DC, Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement by a Young Lawyer, American Antitrust Institute
- Member, Order of the Coif, University of Texas School of Law
- National Championship in Moot Court, University of Texas School of Law, National Championship in Moot Court, University of Texas School of Law
- Editor in Chief, Texas Law Review, University of Texas School of Law
- University of Texas at Austin, Major in Business Administration, Accounting and Economics, Honors: Business Honors Program, Student Body President
- Edinburg North High School
- Certified Public Accountant
Last Updated: 5/15/2022