Alexander N. Beard
Top rated insurance coverage attorney in McKinney, TexasSaunders, Walsh & Beard
Practice Areas: Insurance coverage, Appellate; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1989
Education: Tulane University Law School
Saunders, Walsh & Beard6850 TPC Dr
McKinney, TX 75070 Visit website
A partner at Saunders, Walsh & Beard for almost a decade, Alexander N. Beard is the “insurance fix it” guy. Mr. Beard helps his clients sort through insurance coverage issues and assists them in getting the insurance coverage they paid for. Persuading insurance companies to pay legitimate claims and to settle lawsuits against their insureds is Mr. Beard’s specialty. When necessary, Mr. Beard takes the matters into court in order to have his client’s rights established and/or vindicated.
From the firm’s offices in McKinney, Texas, Mr. Beard provides representation to individuals and business clients throughout Texas. Mr. Beard is licensed to practice before all Texas courts, the United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas, the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court. He is also a member of the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma Bar Association.
Mr. Beard has successfully handled cases in each of Texas’ fourteen appellate courts, and has notched several victories in the Texas Supreme Court. His successful track record has led to a great deal of recognition from his fellow attorneys, including an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo.
Mr. Beard attended Clemson University as an undergraduate, earning a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science in 1985. He pursued his legal education at Tulane University, where he earned his Juris Doctor Degree in 1988. While at Tulane Law School, Mr. Beard served on two academic honor boards. Mr. Beard has taught legal research and writing at Southern Methodist University Law School and has served on the Judiciary Relations Committee of the State Bar of Texas. Mr. Beard is also Vice-President of Hugs Café, Inc., a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance the lives of adults with special needs through training and employment.
Practice areasInsurance coverage, Appellate
Insurance, Bad faith insurance, Appeals
- 90% Insurance coverage
- 10% Appellate
First Admitted: 1989, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://saunderswalsh.com/alex/
- 1989 – State Bar of Texas (Licensed in all Texas State and Federal Courts, the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court)
- Presented continuing legal education speech to Civil Appellate/Litigation Section of Collin County Bar Association, entitled "Making the Most of Your Clients' Insurance." , 2019
- Texas’ Top Rated Lawyers, 2014
- AV® Preeminent Rating by Martindale Hubbell
- SuperLawyer Selectee, 2019
- Hugs Cafe, and cooking Cajun food.
- Board of Directors, Hugs Cafe, Inc., a Texas non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance the lives of adults with special needs through training and employment.
- Lancer Ins. Co. v. Garcia Holiday Tours, 345 S.W.3d 50 (Tex. 2011)
- Moki Mac River Expeditions v. Drugg, 221 S.W.3d 569 (Tex. 2007)
- Utica Nat’l Ins. Co. v. American Indemn. Co., 141 S.W.3d 198 (Tex. 2004)
- Jenkins v. State & County Mut. Fire Ins. Co., 287 S.W.3d 891 (Tex. App. – Fort Worth 2009, pet. denied)
- Collin Central Appraisal District v. Collin Creek Mall, LLC, 2014 Tex. App. LEXIS 13399 (Tex. App. – Dallas Dec. 15, 2014, no pet.)
- Bob Montgomery Chevrolet, Inc. v. Dent Zone Cos., 409 S.W.3d 181 (Tex. App. – Dallas 2013, no pet.)
- In re State Auto Property & Cas. Ins. Co., 348 S.W.3d 499 (Tex. App. – Dallas 2011, orig. proceeding)
- Victorious in Bob Montgomery Chevrolet, Inc. v. Dent Zone Cos., 409 S.W.3d 181 (Tex. App. - Dallas 2013) , 2013
- Olympia Capital Associates, L.P. v. Jackson, 247 S.W.3d 399 (Tex. App. – Dallas 2008, no pet.)
- Schievink v. Wendylou Ranch, 227 S.W.3d 862 (Tex. App. – Eastland 2007, pet. denied)
- Blanton v. Vesta Lloyds Ins. Co., 185 S.W.3d 607 (Tex. App. – Dallas 2006, no pet.)
- Victorious in Bilbrey v. Williams, 2015 Tex. App. LEXIS 2359 (Tex. App. - Fort Worth May 12, 2015) , 2015
- Victorious in North Texas Municipal Water District v. Ball, 466 S.W.3d 314 (Tex. App. - Dallas 2015, no pet.) , 2015
- Victorious in Zaan, LLC v. Sangani, 2015 Tex. App. LEXIS 5133 (Tex. App. - Dallas, May 20, 2015) , 2015
- Victorious in North Texas Municipal Water District v. Jinright, No. 05-18-00152-CV in Dallas Court of Appeals, 2018
- Collin Central Appraisal District North Texas Municipal Water District
- B.A. Clemson University, 1985
Office location for Alexander N. Beard
6850 TPC Dr
McKinney, TX 75070
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023