Jacob D. Thomas
Top rated construction litigation attorney in McKinney, TexasSaunders, Walsh & Beard
Practice Areas: Construction litigation, Business litigation; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 2003
Education: Baylor Law School
Saunders, Walsh & Beard6850 TPC Dr
McKinney, TX 75070 Visit website
As a partner at Saunders, Walsh & Beard, Jacob D. Thomas is dedicated to serving clients throughout North Texas. He focuses his practice on construction and business law, generally handling issues involving real estate disputes, real estate fraud, premises liability, commercial lease agreements, business organization disputes, construction disputes, construction defects, and lien and bond claims on construction projects. He also accepts general civil litigation cases.
Before receiving a Juris Doctor from Baylor Law School in 2003, Mr. Thomas attended the College of William and Mary. From there, he earned a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and English in 2000.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Thomas has committed himself to guiding his clients through complex business and construction litigation issues. He understands that each situation and case is unique, which is why he tailors his tactics to each client's needs. Mr. Thomas emphasizes preparedness, and he draws on his knowledge and experience to formulate an approach that focuses on achieving his client's goals as efficiently and effectively as possible. From the start of a case until its resolution, Mr. Thomas communicates with his client, and offers him or her appropriate and useful guidance, to enable his client to make informed decisions. In recognition of his ethical standards and exceptional results, Mr. Thomas has an Avvo "Superb" rating and an AV rating from Martindale.
Staying active in the community, Mr. Thomas was an incorporator and founding board member of Kaufman County Crime Stoppers. In 2011, he served as chair of that organization. Beyond his work in the courtroom and with the community, Mr. Thomas enjoys spending time with his children and praying for the Dallas Cowboys.
Practice areasConstruction litigation: business, Business litigation
Construction defects, Non-compete agreements
- 60% Construction litigation: business
- 40% Business litigation
First Admitted: 2003, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://saunderswalsh.com/jacob/
- The College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, B.A. Philosophy & English, 2000
- Texas, 2003
- United States Supreme Court, 2010
- Kaufman County Crime Stoppers, Inc., Incorporator and Founding Board Member, 2010
- Kaufman County Crime Stoppers, Inc., Chairman of the Board, 2011
- Highest ratings from clients in communication, responsiveness, quality of service, and value for money., Client Champion - Platinum, Martindale-Hubbell, 2019
- Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence, AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell, 2019
- Board Certified - Construction Law - Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2020
- Trained Mediator, 2010
Office location for Jacob D. Thomas
6850 TPC Dr
McKinney, TX 75070
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2018