Michael R. Puhl
Top rated Family Law attorney in McKinney, TexasPuhl Law Group, P.C.
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in Texas since: 1992
Education: The John Marshall Law School
Puhl Law Group, P.C.205 West Louisiana Street
McKinney, TX 75069 Visit website
Focusing his practice exclusively on family law matters, Michael R. Puhl is the principal attorney at Puhl Law Group, P.C., located in McKinney, Texas. Providing representation to clients in Collin County and other parts of the Dallas metropolitan area, he assists people whose marriages are coming to an end and who are dealing with such divorce-related legal issues as child and spousal support, child custody and visitation, and complex asset and debt division. He encourages his clients to resolve these matters informally through negotiations, collaborative law or mediation if possible, but he provides aggressive courtroom advocacy when necessary.
Other family law matters that Mr. Puhl handles include post-divorce order modifications, parental relocations, prenuptial agreements, domestic violence, grandparents' rights and adoptions. He has been certified as a specialist in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 2009, and he is also a certified family law mediator. Mr. Puhl obtained his Juris Doctor from the John Marshall Law School in 1982. He is admitted to practice before all Texas and Illinois state courts and before the Supreme Court of the United States. Highly regarded by his fellow professionals, Mr. Puhl is AV Preeminent peer-review rated* through Martindale-Hubbell and has a 10.0 "Superb" peer-review rating through Avvo.
In 2006, Mr. Puhl was appointed by then-Gov. Rick Perry to serve on the Texas State Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists. He subsequently served a term as the chair of the board and was the first non-therapist to hold that position. Mr. Puhl has also been a member of the board of both the McKinney Economic Development Corporation and the McKinney Community Development Corporation. He is a member of the Family Law Section of the Collin County Bar Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1982, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.myfamilylawyer.net/attorney/michael-r-puhl/
- Board Certified – Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2009 – Present
- Certified Family Law Mediator, 1997 – Present
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1992 – Present
- Texas State Bar Association, Member, Family Law Section, 1992 – Present
- Collin County Bench/Bar Foundation, Member, Executive Board of Directors, 2000 – 2003
- Collin County Bar Association, 1992 – Present
- Texas Supreme Court, 1992 – Present
- McKinney Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, Executive Committee Member, 2013 – 2016
- Collin County Bench/Bar Foundation, Fellow, 1997 – Present
- State Bar College of Texas, 1995 – Present
- Texas Association of Family Law Specialists, 2009 – Present
- Illinois Supreme Court, 1982 – 2019
- McKinney Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, 2012 – 2016
- Collin County Bench/Bar Foundation, Annual Bench/Bar Conference, Board of Directors, 1996 – 2000
- Plano Bar Association President, 1996 – 1997
- Texas State Bar Association, 1992-present, 1995
- The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL, 1982
- AV Preeminent Peer Review rating by Martindale – Hubbell (since 2001), AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2020
- Super Lawyer, 2009 - Current, Texas Super Lawyer, Texas Monthly, 2020
- Executive Board Member, Court Appointed Special Advocates of Collin County, 2018 - Present, 2022
- McKinney Independent School District, Board of Trustees, McKinney, Texas, 2002 – 2008
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Collin County Board of Directors (2018 - 2022)
Office location for Michael R. Puhl
205 West Louisiana Street
McKinney, TX 75069
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2023
These comments were made by fellow attorneys during the annual nomination process.
“Michael Puhl is one of my favorite family law attorneys. He is hard-working and much loved by his clients. His courtroom abilities and style are excellent.”